Page 1580 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 156615761578157915801581158215841594 ... LastLast
Results 15,791 to 15,800 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Tale of Tales has been on my radar for so long. Today was the day I could finally be disappointed by it! This movie established the boundaries of how far a compelling visual style can carry my interest without being supplemented by any other aesthetic or emotional or intellectual investment. The parallel stories felt arbitrarily connected at best and antagonistic at worst: sometimes it felt like each undercut the next. I kept waiting for the movie to disclose the connective tissue binding them all, but that never happened. There doesn't seem to be any thematic connection beyond "Look how DARK this is! Les mature audiences only, s'il vous plait--you don't see two chicks makin' out and grabbin' boobs in The Princess Bride! This ain't yo granddaddy's fairy tale! *nudging me so hard in the side I bruise a rib*" It felt crass and pointless like a bad HBO series. It felt like if Del Toro were a nihilist without a moral compass or vision instead of the fun guy he is.

But it really does look so good.

Watched Overlord Friday night.

It was ok. It did a better job ww2ing it than captain america did. It was about as good as a ww2 movie with monster zombish super soldiers could be. A little cliche but not as cliche as Wolfenstein. Also, far more reserved and subdued than I was expecting. You never really get the shootout or battle you'd expect given the other monster zombish super soldier properties that are out there. It also never really goes full horror.

3. Ballad of Buster Scruggs fucking rules, that is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I've almost watched it several times.

5. The first segment is everything I wanted it to be, exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. It's the best thing Netflix has produced in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I watched Good Time, which is about a man trying to get his mentally challenged brother out of jail after they botch a bank robbery together. It's awesome stuff, highly recommended. Absolutely water-tight pacing and plot, excellent acting, and pretty funny at times but never overly so.
    Last edited by arjue; 20 Nov 2018 at 06:06 AM.

8. That’s got the Twilight dude in it right?
    (googling)
    Yes, it does.
    Pete Davidson was on Fallon few months ago and was gushing about how good the movie was.

9. (man, I do not care for Fallon.)