Page 1537 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 152315331535153615371538153915411551 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,370 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. It’s not an apology. I seriously doubt American soldiers were all on their best behavior while in Germany. That kind of stuff happened all over Europe and the East.

What was that Brad Pitt movie with the Tank battalion? Those soldiers were not portrayed as kind to woman and civil. They pretty much entered towns and served themselves.
    Last edited by gamevet; 22 May 2018 at 03:56 PM.

You don't know what apologetics are, do you?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You don't know what apologetics are, do you?

It's called the pot calling the kettle black. WTF does Russian soldiers raping woman have to do with them pushing back the Germans? The same as WTF does soldiers of any country raping woman during a time of war have do with their success in the war? Fuck those soldiers in Afghanistan, their men at home have been raping woman.

What's that old saying? "Pillage the village and rape the woman!" I guess those soldiers took it to heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    lyeah, the russians raped their way across their own land, but the US stole all of Germany’s best scientists. We intellectually raped Germany.
    That’s funny, I guess that kind of brings us back on topic.

I was checking out Nazi Super Weapons on Netflix yesterday. They got to an episode about the V-2 rocket program. I guess they were trying to soften up what Wemher Von Braun was doing, by talking more about the atrocities that happened once the German SS stepped in to make sure the rocket was ready for a massive bombardment of Great Britain. The US brought him into our space program and awarded him numerous times for his achievements. Go USA!
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 May 2018 at 04:24 PM.

4. Quentin Tarrantino Double Feature of Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown.

Pulp Fiction is as great as it ever was, and Jackie Brown (which I didn't care for originally) continues to grow on me each time I watch it. I think this is the film I first noticed that DeNiro phones it in more often than not. One thing I always liked about it was that it put Robert Forrester, born in Rochester, NY, on my radar.

Now I'm watching Brick, because Rian Johnson had one good movie in him, and it was really good.

5. Brick is one of my favorites of that decade. It just hits everywhere it needs to.

JB will always be good, we'll always be getting older. I honestly think the QT movie that ages the worst is Reservoir Dogs, it belongs on a dorm poster. You can file it away with Boondock Saints and all the other knockoff crap it inspired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Jackie Brown is his best imo. Forrester was great in it, and that's high praise when he's in a movie with Deniro and Jackson in it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Brick is one of my favorites of that decade. It just hits everywhere it needs to.

JB will always be good, we'll always be getting older. I honestly think the QT movie that ages the worst is Reservoir Dogs, it belongs on a dorm poster. You can file it away with Boondock Saints and all the other knockoff crap it inspired.
    I waited years to watch Resevoir Dogs. My 1st thought was, “what a cheap looking film”. I don’t think that I ever finished it, but what I saw looked like a stage act being performed in a theater.

8. Movie with an ensemble cast cost $1,000,000 to make looks like it cost $1,000,000 to make. News at 11.

9. The stage-y-ness it the least of its problems, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. it has the same issues as Clerks and Goonies, thematically. You had to be a certain age at a certain time to get anything out of them.