Page 1471 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 145714671469147014711472147314751485 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,710 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

I've never had anyone talk to me about him outside of the elitist music douche at a party, who couldn't articulate why he actually like him.

Maybe people buy his records as concrete filler. Or he is big Zimbabwe.

2. Or if even if only .14% of the world's population likes him that's still over 10,000,000 people which is more than enough.

Record sales aren't actually a counter argument to my point.

4. Malcolm Gladwell isn't in the recording industry and he loves Elvis Costello.
    Your point thus crumbles.

autism.

I think everyone knew the intent of the comment. Obviously wanna be douches are included. Everyone knows the Woody Allen effect. Who likes him, who doesn't. Why they do, why others don't. Why insiders and wannabes talk about him, while huge swaths of the world either do not like his movies or have never seen them.

An artist's artist is definitely a thing. And Andy is definitely a comedian's comedian, and had Jim and a few others kept their mouths shut, he'd probably been largely forgotten.

Jim helped popularize the Andy Legacy that now overshadows him.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    He is to the comedy nerds anyway.
    As much Yeller and I like to argue, even he knew where I was going.

I'm sorry if including Elvis Costello in that pool upsets you, but that doesn't make me wrong.

7. I like Woody Allen films. So am I part of the industry or a wanna be douche?
    Here I thought I was just a dude that thought another dude made some funny/interesting movies.

Costello's inclusion doesn't upset me, I just don't think he fits. I might go with Robert Johnson myself.

The blues man or the weirdo?

9. Blues man. I've never heard anyone not a guitar player talk about him.

That’s fair. It is recorded like shit and also somewhat inaccessible to non-musicians or extreme blues aficionados. It’s kinda different though, because he wasn’t trying to be a musicians-musician. I can’t think of anyone like that, really. Frank Zappa? Young bands playing for their friends?