Page 1563 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 154915591561156215631564156515671577 ... LastLast
Results 15,621 to 15,630 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Avengers: Infinity War

Very impressed that they can make a movie with so many different characters all doing something interesting. Ending was spoiled by my daughter's friend and Antman and the Wasp postcredit scene, so it loses a lot of impact. I suppose next time Thor is going to hit Thanos in the head.

2. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I saw Sorry To Bother You. This is the labor movie I've been waiting for. The thing about manifesto movies is that they're usually stylistically bankrupt; you don't get to advance an argument and a style at once. Nobody told this movie that. It's Das Kapital: Not Ignoring the Particularities of Race This Time Edition that I want to put in my mouth.

https://youtu.be/XthLQZWIshQ

If you're going to see it, avoid reading anything about it. The twist is, uh. Well, you'll see.
    Just saw it, exactly this. Really liked it.

3. Extinction was awful! Who green lights this shit!!! What a garbage waste of time!

The Legacy of a White Tail Deerhunter was awesome though, and ended perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Like Father.

erg.
    Netflix sci fi movies have proven to be garbage, so how about a drama/romance/comedy?
    I like Kristin Bell. I've liked Kelsey Grammer in things. I've liked Seth Rogan in things! A good cast can do a lot for a movie!

I always bitch about the manufactured diversity in modern films, so I won't even bring up the perfect mix of a black couple, a gay couple, and an elderly couple filling out the supporting cast. It's entirely possible given the film's plot that all these people would get thrown together. Would they all get along so fabulously? Sure?!

It's the manufactured beats that make this film so awful. I've shared many times that I cry at the drop of a hat. Especially in movies about family. ESPECIALLY in movies about a father/daughter dynamic. I'm suppperrrr guilty about spending too much time at work and not enough time with my kids when they were little and their mom and I were together. So this movie should have had me BAWLING. Nope! Didn't affect me at all. Why? Nothing about it felt authentic! It's the same thing we've seen a million times and it seemed just as bored with itself as I was. Stating that I could predict every moment means as much as saying I can predict that the last thing I'll type in this sentence is a period.

Cute little Kristin Bell using swears all the time should have been a funny gag, but it was so heavy handed and forced that the gimmick was stripped of all possible charm.
    It seemed like a giant ad for Royal Caribbean or Carnival cruises judging by the previews.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Isle of Dogs - People actually hated on this movie? I can only handle so much Wes Anderson, but if all of his movies were stop animation I'd be his hugest fan. This shit was GOOD and you're a heartless robot if you didn't like it.

I grabbed some random Spike Lee movies off the shelf that I hadn't seen yet and have watched a few the past few days.

Jungle Fever: This movie was pretty good. It was surprisingly less about the interracial relationship of the main characters and more about the reactions of the family and communities around them. Also, apparently everyone is racist except for John Tuturro.

School Daze: This has some good acting and interesting characters (particularly "Larry" Fishburne) but the overall movie was a mess. Lee hadn't quite honed his craft yet.

7. I really love She's Gotta Have It, but that rape scene is O___O

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Isle of Dogs - People actually hated on this movie? I can only handle so much Wes Anderson, but if all of his movies were stop animation I'd be his hugest fan. This shit was GOOD and you're a heartless robot if you didn't like it.
    Fuckin'-A Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I've only ever heard good things about it.

9. Jungle Fever made me cry my eyes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. Just watched the white princess. i do not know but i thick it prequel the white queen had more edge to it.
    My butthole is a very efficient and simple software developed for getting all the required drivers for your computer. This allows users to download or save any missing drivers as well as install with ease.
    Last edited by arjue; 11 Aug 2018 at 07:12 PM.