Page 1452 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 143814481450145114521453145414561466 ... LastLast
Results 14,511 to 14,520 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Man, the Rick and morty back lash has been strong since mcdonalds sauce gate 2017. And it's not even about the sauce. It's like there was some hidden band of rnm haters out there and the sauce fuck up was the time to strike.

I don't even get it. Is this like when radiohead got big? Some fans have to claim they ere always above it?

All these people seem so pissed that people enjoyed this show? I never saw anyone talk about it. Ever. But I'm seeing a lot of pretend outrage now.

Sure some fans of everything are stupid. Fandom increase in stupidity exponentially. But rick and morty seems like a weird hill to die on if you want to attack toxic fandom. Maybe I'm just old. I never meet anyone that talks about irl or online.

Fuck, people. Shut up. I just want to enjoy jurassic park std monsters eating people inside a dead bum santa.

On my phone. Fuck fixing all those tense changes and missing adverbs. You all know what my stupid ass means.

3. To be fair the Rick and Morty fan base is by and large really fucking toxic.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I never meet anyone that talks about irl or online.

Fuck, people. Shut up.
    "Nobody talks about this!"

"I wish everyone would shut up about this!"

You're unraveling. You gotta get off reddit, etc. for a while, my dude.

5. The thing about "toxic fanbases", is I never hear about them from the fans. I have to go out of my way to engage fans of Steven Universe, or Undertale, or My Little Pony, or Kim Kardashian. But I've seen plenty of people on the other side who HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE why such and such fandom is bad and they're doing it wrong.

One example, I keep seeing people posting about how Rick is a Bad Person and that you should not idolize him. I have literally never interacted with someone who wanted to be Rick.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

I don't know about that. It isn't that hard to find the toxic part of the sonic fanbase. Or the transformers fanbase. Or tool. Or radiohead.

But fuck if I ever run into fans of rick and morty. Fuck, we barely talk about it here.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    "Nobody talks about this!"

"I wish everyone would shut up about this!"

You're unraveling. You gotta get off reddit, etc. for a while, my dude.
    The obvious intent was that I didn't run into a lot of fans before sauce gate. Now I keep seeing salt and crying on social media.

8. You really seem to follow the worst parts of social media.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Your mother.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Mindhunter. Dialogue is trite/stiff in a few places, but woooowwww is this show ever engrossing. The guy they have playing Ed Kemper bowled me over, I could watch a show just about him. Also, the trope of "old guy going to school with young people" is like.....my entire life right now, so I was identifying with the scenarios a little too readily. Very interesting effort from Fincher & co., I'm curious to see where it goes.
    This show is terrific. Dialogue can be stiff but it only seems to be mostly with the feds. 10 episodes to binge on too!