Page 1 of 1626 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. The "I Just Watched..." Thread

I did a search for a thread like this but I didn't find one. So I figured I would create a recently watched thread. Pretty simple, just say what movie you watched, your thoughts on it and if you would recommend others check it out.

I just finished watching Last Man Standing, starring Bruce Willis, and Christopher Walken who collected a pay check. You couldn't call it terrible, but it's too boring and disconnected to be engaging. You never know why Willis is doing half the shit he's doing in this film. And at a certain point I didn't even care. I was just happy when Bruce finally drove off into the distance. The action just has no punch to it, nor does the writing. The whole time it just feels like you're going through the motions. Don't bother with this one. I'm a huge Willis fan and it just doesn't have anything of merit. This ones just a big snoozefest, avoid.

2. I watched it a few years ago and didn't think it was too bad. Then again, I'm the one person who liked Hudson Hawk.
    Did you know that it is essentially a remake of A Fistfull of Dollars?
    (or maybe For a Few Dollars more- I know it's one of the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.)

3. Man I had no idea, I guess I can see it though now that I think about it. And yeah A Fistfull of Dollars was the one with the two gangs, which was a waaay better movie.

4. Been sitting in on a friend's intro to theater and film class showing each week, where I saw Children of Men (awesome), Moulin Rouge (hey i liked it fuck off), and just last night, Kung Fu Hustle.

I'm almost angry that I didn't see Kung Fu Hustle sooner. I just kept putting it off.

5. I love hustle, have you seen shaolin soccer yet? If not you need to get on that pronto.

6. I hated KFH. I thought Shaolin Soccer was awesome however.

7. Go look at The Mist thread and read all my gushing about that flick there.

Also, I just watched I, Robot again the other night. Not a bad movie, but I have no idea why it's called I, Robot. It has nothing to do with the book.

Also, there's a scene in the movie where a stray cat takes a liking to Will Smith, and Will responds by saying "I'm black, you're a cat, it just wouldn't work out." WTF does him being black have to do with anything? Humor like that is so retarded.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. edgy imo

The mist was a shockingly solid film. I didn't go in expecting much, and it turned out to be one of the best modern horror films I have seen in a long time.

9. I saw Enchanted yesterday.

It was magical.

10. Dolls (1987) - Awesome.

Shock 'Em Dead (1991) - Could have been great, wasted potential.

Sorority Babes in the Slime Ball Bowl-A-Rama (80's) - Funbelievable.