Page 1553 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 153915491551155215531554155515571567 ... LastLast
Results 15,521 to 15,530 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I started watching Dork Gently. Unintended wrong key hit, but I’m keeping it.
    Anyway, fat glasses dude was bugging me out because he looked familiar but I couldnt place his face. Looked at imdb, oh yeahhhh, it’s that guy!

2. I saw Sorry To Bother You. This is the labor movie I've been waiting for. The thing about manifesto movies is that they're usually stylistically bankrupt; you don't get to advance an argument and a style at once. Nobody told this movie that. It's Das Kapital: Not Ignoring the Particularities of Race This Time Edition that I want to put in my mouth.

https://youtu.be/XthLQZWIshQ

If you're going to see it, avoid reading anything about it. The twist is, uh. Well, you'll see.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 16 Jul 2018 at 11:39 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    I saw an article on VOX that brought up the point that SBC's style isn't as useful effective or relevant in a landscape where an objective reality is thin to begin with, and there are trolls everywhere or bots or theater all over the media landscape, but I dunno SBC is fucking brilliant imo. "It's not rape if it's your wife right?" LOL
    Unfortunately, Trump has made SBC less relevant (but no less funny) by saying on his own all the insane things that other politicians normally have to be tricked or coerced into saying.

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I saw Sorry To Bother You. This is the labor movie I've been waiting for. The thing about manifesto movies is that they're usually stylistically bankrupt; you don't get to advance an argument and a style at once. Nobody told this movie that. It's Das Kapital: Not Ignoring the Particularities of Race This Time Edition that I want to put in my mouth.

I need to see this so badly.

Sharp Objects on HBO: Hereditary lite. I guess mother issues are in because this is my world now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I saw Sorry To Bother You. This is the labor movie I've been waiting for. The thing about manifesto movies is that they're usually stylistically bankrupt; you don't get to advance an argument and a style at once. Nobody told this movie that. It's Das Kapital: Not Ignoring the Particularities of Race This Time Edition that I want to put in my mouth.

If you're going to see it, avoid reading anything about it. The twist is, uh. Well, you'll see.
    As I mentioned on AG's facebook, that movie's message was exactly what I expected but delivered in a way that I completely didn't expect. If Paul Verhoeven and Charlie Kaufman made a movie together it would look something like that.

Everyone needs to see it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. God damn, Jim Jefferies' new special is brilliant. That private party story is unreal.

7. I just watched Jim Jefferies too, great stuff.

8. I took my daughter to the doctor and a black dude walked in. On the down low she did a thing to let me know she wasnt cool with a black doctor. She didnt think a black dude could even be a doctor.

Wat

10. It’s a hilarious joke, isnt it?