Page 1443 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 142914391441144214431444144514471457 ... LastLast
Results 14,421 to 14,430 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    What?

Do you believe that there is a giant fairy in the sky and that it created this massive universe just to impress us simple humans?
    Nope try again.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Actually, that comment of yours makes me angry enough to write up a full reply to your idiocy. Because that's just what it is, idiocy. It's hilarious that you can bring yourself to mock people who are religious when you believe something that is just as completely wrong.

See here's the thing, both religion and the belief that aliens visit earth come from one thing, believing that humans are SPECIAL. The MOST IMPORTANT THING. See I don't say there aren't aliens out there. A basic understanding of the fact that the universe is in essence infinite means that of course they exist. But here's the thing, they're probably REALLY FUCKING FAR AWAY. Odds are if there are aliens they're from a planet hundreds of light years away if not more. If so, why in the fuck would you think humans are so goddamn special that they would come this far to flit around in the sky from drunken rednecks?

We're not special, at the moment we're a fucking blip in the universes existence and if aliens do even know about us they do not give a fuck. We're far away, technologically barely evolved apes. They don't give a fuck. That's why your aliens aren't fucking real. Not because I believe that there's a giant fairy, but because I'm not a goddamn idiot and don't need to think that we as a species are just that much more important than everything else that has ever existed.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Yes.
    There is radar evidence that supports those sightings.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Actually, that comment of yours makes me angry enough to write up a full reply to your idiocy. Because that's just what it is, idiocy. It's hilarious that you can bring yourself to mock people who are religious when you believe something that is just as completely wrong.

See here's the thing, both religion and the belief that aliens visit earth come from one thing, believing that humans are SPECIAL. The MOST IMPORTANT THING. See I don't say there aren't aliens out there. A basic understanding of the fact that the universe is in essence infinite means that of course they exist. But here's the thing, they're probably REALLY FUCKING FAR AWAY. Odds are if there are aliens they're from a planet hundreds of light years away if not more. If so, why in the fuck would you think humans are so goddamn special that they would come this far to flit around in the sky from drunken rednecks?

We're not special, at the moment we're a fucking blip in the universes existence and if aliens do even know about us they do not give a fuck. We're far away, technologically barely evolved apes. They don't give a fuck. That's why your aliens aren't fucking real. Not because I believe that there's a giant fairy, but because I'm not a goddamn idiot and don't need to think that we as a species are just that much more important than everything else that has ever existed.
    You're assuming that real far away is impossible, because we cannot achieve that kind of travel. There are countless videos out there showing strange objects in the sky that cannot be explained. Yes, we are not that special, but to think that we are not a place worthy of being visited by other advanced civilizations is outright wrong.

Last edited by gamevet; 24 Sep 2017 at 03:16 AM.

5. Why exactly would we be worthy of being visited by an advanced civilization? You're confirming exactly what I said, you need to believe that humans are special to feel good about yourself.

You might as well just worship the space fairy.

it is likely they exist, but also unlikely we will ever meet them.

Apparently there are gaps between galaxies and space is expanding at an insane speed. At this given moment, we have drifted apart as such a great expanse, that we could convert every bit of mass into fuel and still not bridge the gap.

If we did meet something it would have to live in our galaxy, which is far less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Why exactly would we be worthy of being visited by an advanced civilization?
    Worth doesn't have much to do with it. If they did visit our planet, its probably just to oogle at us like we look for weird animals.

Or if the stories are to be believed, they just like to shove metal things in butts.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Why exactly would we be worthy of being visited by an advanced civilization? You're confirming exactly what I said, you need to believe that humans are special to feel good about yourself.

You might as well just worship the space fairy.
    Maybe it has to do with that we are here?

Why do we study the patterns of insects on this planet, when they are way beneath us? Probably because we are curious about how something like the ants working together to form a colony is kind of interesting, even though studying them really doesn't do much to advance our race.

9. Just because the person that sees a light in the sky can't explain it doesn't mean that it cannot be explained. Also eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Actually, that comment of yours makes me angry enough to write up a full reply to your idiocy. Because that's just what it is, idiocy. It's hilarious that you can bring yourself to mock people who are religious when you believe something that is just as completely wrong.

This is stupid. If there are aliens out there, another life, they are likely as interested in meeting us as we are them. We have used our technology as best we have to study what's out there and try to see if there is something else. This has been true for thousands of years. The rest of your post is some weird unhinged anti-religion rant that looks like you were storing it somewhere.