Page 1542 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 152815381540154115421543154415461556 ... LastLast
Results 15,411 to 15,420 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Solo had imagination, great locations, great technology toys, droids, aliens, etc. I'm not saying it was a great story, but Star Wars was never a great story. It's fun space fantasy and I think that's been missing from the movies for a long, long time.

The naming scene aside, I didn't cringe at any of the obvious required scenes. I actually enjoyed myself watching a Star Wars movie for the first time since the '90s. It did something right and I'm not sure how.

Also liked: no force powers or lightsabers, small plot not about the fate of the galaxy. Would have liked it 100x more if it was random rogue guy, a Star Wars story without the Han bits but you take what you can get these days from this flaming pile of a franchise.

Watched the Red Letter Media review and I'm with Rich Evans on this one. I'll try to analyze later when it's out on bluray but for now it's just so unexpected to go to one of these and not be angry.

3. Been watching The Adventures of Pete and Pete. This show is so good; still blows my mind that this weird absurdism and confessional speaking-to-the-camera was on (children's) TV during the peak gross-out humor mid-'90s. It feels closer to something like Kimmy Schmidt being played in much, much lower key ('90s suburban ennui vs. 2010's bouncy optimism, though both shows poke fun at their own registers) than to Ren & Stimpy or Salute Your Shorts. Still plenty of lols and the sibling relationship is often genuinely touching!

The soundtrack slays, of course.

Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 03 Jun 2018 at 03:08 PM.

Yes, great show.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post

I have the polaris album on cd if you want me to do the obvious.

I also have the Polaris album. Glad you didn't miss this in the end, ARBM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I swear, very few things hit me with as much nostalgia as that song. I think it is made stronger by the melancholy of the song itself and just how early 90s rock it is.

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Sam Jackson ends up in a lot of shelved movies. 51st State eventually came out in the US as Formula 51 after being out in Europe for a while.
    That movie is comedy gold!

9. Against my better judgement, I decided to give Annihilation a shot. I basically dislike every movie that Natalie Portman is in (except for Thor, despite of her), so I have very low expectation. This movie surprised me, but not the way the director intended. It is supposed to be a thinking man sci-fi alien invasion film, kinda like Arrival. However, things are just so wacky that I ended up laughing most of the key scenes. Here are some things that have happened over the course of the movie:

Giant mutated bear with a woman voice that screams "Help me"
    Physicist that wanted to be a plant than a person
    Plant that wants to be people
    Jennifer Jason Leigh turned into a cosmic butthole
    Natalie Portman mortal kombat mirror match

Anyway, I highly recommend this if you want to watch a sci-fi comedy.

That means you've never seen Leon. You should correct that.