Page 1575 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 156115711573157415751576157715791589 ... LastLast
Results 15,741 to 15,750 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I enjoyed the bit where they fought C'thulu.
    That was the best scene. Also Han shot first.

2. I watched Ender's Game.

It is a movie with no identity and with nothing to say.

Nobody who worked on this movie had any vision for anything aesthetic at all. How do you make zero-gravity laser fights look boring? I am not an imaginative reader, so the movie didn't have far to go to exceed the image I've had in my head since middle school of the laser tag place where that one kid had his birthday, but some people are upside-down. My visual flare? Kubrickian compared to this. It feels like an AI procedurally generated the sets.

Nobody who worked on the script had any ear for character at all. We keep hearing about how Ender needs to be isolated...but then he's not. We keep hearing about how Ender has too much of his violent brother in him...but none of that violence is suggested outside of the movie's first five minutes where he bludgeons his bully. The movie milks that scene past the point where any theme milk is coming out of the scene teet. You gotta do something to remind me Ender has latent violent tenancies in him; you can't just keep telling me through dialogue.

I don't want to be mean on the internet anymore but this movie isn't interesting enough to be bad.

Then I watched On the Waterfront and had myself a good time even though this was the first time I'd seen it since learning the whole movie is a device for Elia Kazan to rationalize squeeling to the feds on Hollywood communists.

That is what I Just Watched.

3. I don't remember a thing about Ender's Game (the movie). The book tho, was pretty good.

4. Zero-G lazer fights sounds like a hard sell if you want to be entertaining.

5. Starship Troopers did fine with regular G lazer fight training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Starship Troopers did just fine with Everything.

7. Prince of a movie. Hated by idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I regret that it took me so long to get around to seeing it.

I saw it in an empty theatre, baby.

It's a waste of a liscence. They could have just as well called it space bugs or earth defense force the movie.