Page 1511 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 149715071509151015111512151315151525 ... LastLast
Results 15,101 to 15,110 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. "his Dad just died lets throw him a bone"

2. Been watching a show on Netflix called Black. It's interesting. The episode are all over an hour long but that really helps the show develop better.
    You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
    Well, you're a goddamn Philistine!

After the first couple of episodes I would have easily reccomended Altered Carbon to anyone within earshot. I'm glad I held out, though, because shortly after it very quickly devolves into every shitty cliche the genre can possibly throw at you.

The present super hard sci fi future film noire investigation is good. Every flashback is worse than the last with the characters trying to one up each other over who has the most deadly assassin training and is also a Jedi.

I still enjoyed it in the end but holy shit, it felt like a 12 year old wrote half of it.

4. Has anyone watched the live action movie of Full Metal Alchemist on Netflix? Just tragic! >_<

5. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - Caught it on TV a couple nights ago. Loved it. A bit more grim for a change, with Anakin becoming Darth Vader & hell breaking loose afterward. Obi-Wan's battle against General Grievous was epic. It ends with Grievous getting a terminal case of heartburn.

6. Hap and Leonard Season 2.

Oof. The only thing worse than an awful show is an awful show you really want to like because of who's in it. The first season was decently ok. This season was just dumb.
    I'm going to spoil it to show how dumb it is. Brian Dennehy plays an old sheriff. His late 40s/early 50s alcoholic son is a judge. He's also the dude that killed Mark Antony's and Omar's fathers when one was helping the other with car trouble on the side of the road. Drunk judge dude ran them over. But that was in the 1950s or some shit. This takes place in the late 80s.
    Anyway, even though little black boys have been disappearing annually from this little town for 13 years, no one noticed until Leonard found one under his uncle's house. There was a necklace around the boy's corpse that said "BB." They start looking into shit and of course are blamed for the disappearances because when people go to the police to tell them of weird shit going on, it's obviously them that did the weird shit.
    Anyway, Mark Antony and Omar eat at the local greasy spoon fairly often. Waitress there knows them well.
    Things happen. More bodies are found. Oh look, it's the local preacher that done did it. You knew this by episode 3 if you paid any kind of attention. You also knew that "BB" wasn't a part of the preacher's doings.
    Mark Antony and Omar visit the waitress at home. OMG SHE'S WEARING A BB NECKLACE! BB IS HER MISSING SON.

Now, even though there's been talk all over town about the missing boys and even though our main characters seem to know the waitress real well they had no idea she had a son that went missing. In the two years since his disappearance, it never came up. In a town that everyone knew about Marc Antony hitting the skins of The Hot Lawyer 4 hours after it happened- despite it happening at his place late at night and she peaced out while he was sleeping- no one knew that her kid was missing. Oh guess what! It's her and the Sheriff's kid! He loved that boy but had to keep it a secret because of the boy's culla. No one could know! Even though it's a small town and everyone knows everything about everyone, that is. But you know who did know? Drunken Judge! He killed BB out of jealousy. Because that's how 50 year old men deal with their 8 year old half brothers. Daddy loved you better! So Imma kil yuuuuuu.

Extremely dumb, predictable, deus ex machine bullshit.
    Which sucks, because I do like Marc Antony and Omar.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 01 Mar 2018 at 02:03 PM.

I watched Rush a couple days ago. I hadn't heard of it before, but was kinda interested in seeing what Ron Howard does with a racing film.

First of all, Thor can act. Who knew? This movie was actually less about racing and more about a study in two different personality types striving for the same thing which happens to be F1 championships. Both the main characters seem pretty realistic and neither are particularly likable and have severe personality flaws. The guy playing Niki Lauda in particular did a fantastic job. Great movie.

I also watched Snowpiercer, which I fully expected to be a bad B scifi movie with just enough budget to hire some name actors since it has Chris Evans, John Hurt, and other people you've probably actually heard of. It certainly started off that way, but it progresses more into themes of class warfare. The writing isn't perfect and there are some huge faults of logic here and there, but overall a very solid movie, I was surprised.

8. Just caught American Made, the Tom Cruise drug running flick.

He basically plays the Forrest Gump of drug smuggling, running into all of these famous 80s political/drug types and such. It's a pretty good movie. Not amazing but pretty good.

I heard that Batman Forever is an under appreciated so and so that's like the classic TV show. It really isn't, it has some moments, and it got all it's cute little references in, but Val Kilmer fucking SUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Cocaine were all this movie had going for it. Was I supposed to feel bad for the pre-Riddler and think that Bruce Wayne is a shithead? Because that's the deal. Bruceman is a monotone unlikeable douche. I'd legit rather hear Christian Bale's black metal shit.

I was going to try to watch Batman and Robin after this, but I don't know if I can.

I also have Batman Year One, The Joker Origin story cartoon, and some Batman and Harley Quinn team-up-a-roo thing still to watch. If it isn't Batman I DONT GIVE A FUCK

Oh no, Killing Joke is awful.