Page 1587 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 157315831585158615871588158915911601 ... LastLast
Results 15,861 to 15,870 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Damn right.

2. Went to the Alita screening last night.

I really liked it. It wasn't perfect but Robert Rodriguez is a damned fine director and Rosa Salazar put in a Andy Serkis level of performance as Alita. Well worth going to.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Yeah. It was a fair interpretation of the first couple books. Nothing was really bad. It fits nicely with other dystopia stuff like dread or the fifth element. Backgrounds were just lazy enough to still not rank with blade runner.

Really, my biggest gripe was how clean and healthy most of the actors looked. The child actors were damn near plump and fat. Looked like extras from dinsey channel.

A little more grit and it would have been perfect.

But all in all not that bad. I was surprised at what they were able to keep. Like dr ido's silly big rocket hammer was left completely intact. And the little robot heads that work for the company are there.

I will say that it made the live action aoen flux and ghost in the shell look like hot garbage. Much better effort than either.

5. As bad as GitS was, Michael Pitt was fantastic and I'm upset that it wasn't a better movie. I'll see Battle Angel at some point, I was a HUUUUGE fan of the manga back in the day but I'm way too afraid it's going to be kind of lackluster and I'd rather save my brain.

I've been depression watching a bunch of dumb and bad shit, like Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix. I want to murder that entire family.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

You should watch the James Brown documentary, man.

7. Ralph Breaks the Internet. I like it a lot, the princesses scene is gold, and Shank is cool as shit. The internet references aren't as cool as videogame but they needed to do something different. Overall, it is not as good as the first, but still quite enjoyable.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I've been depression watching a bunch of dumb and bad shit, like Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix. I want to murder that entire family.
    My girlfriend and I just finished watching that. I think I spent roughly half the movie screaming at the TV.

Actually, I wasn't overly shocked by 'B,' mainly because was just doing what sociopath child molesters do, albeit to an astonishing degree I mean, he fucks the kid AND both the parents? WTF. But yeah, Jan's parents were the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet and all but gift-wrapped their child over and over for the guy. Their epic retarded behavior/extreme naivete was so bad I was beginning to wonder if the movie was actually a mockumentary instead of a real case.

Seriously. Worst. Parents. Ever.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 24 Feb 2019 at 10:06 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. yup! Agree totally. What's really sad is that, typical of abused children, the woman is really forgiving of her parents actions. Like....nah, I'm still mad for you. The mom is clearly still in love with the dude. total bs.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. Oh yeah, the mom totally still longs for B's ween. Like when she was describing the sex, she practically started lusting right on camera. She didn't even try to hide how hot her child's rapist got her.

But seriously, the shit that family did was unforgivable. Like waiting over a week (both times!) to report their daughter missing, or the mom putting the daughter on a plane to stay with her 13 year-old daughter's kidnapper/rapist/ex-husband for two weeks, among many, many other transgressions. I was actually shocked how relatively together the daughter appeared...on-camera, at least. IRL, she's probably damaged goods forever.

Still, I do have to give the family credit for actually airing all this in public...they HAD to know how horribly they all came off, but they actually did it anyway. I mean, if my kid's molester talked me into giving him a handjob in a car somewhere, you can bet I'd take that shit to the grave.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 26 Feb 2019 at 11:16 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww