Page 1470 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 145614661468146914701471147214741484 ... LastLast
Results 14,691 to 14,700 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

I will give you that.

2. I love Andy, I think that whole era of the SNL guys is one of my favorite things to read about and watch.

but yeah Yeller, you nailed it - Jim is going to be remembered as the dude who did the Ace Ventura movie and Andy will be remembered for being Andy. And he's totally panicking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Ladybird was another atrocious snooze fest. Walked out after 30 minutes and saw the Van Gogh movie instead which was a huge improvement.

4. NOOOOO

I was looking forward to Lady Bird. I had fun watching Jim and Andy. Couple that doc with his recent appearance on Norm MacDonald Live and it's pretty clear that he wants to create the kind of mystique Kaufman had for himself.

Funny how someone who has left his body and floats through the astral plane as pure consciousness still requires millions of dollars for his trash paintings.

5. BESIDES my personal ties to the movie (like, it basically takes place in everywhere that has been important in my life and that makes it somewhat abhorrent) it's just not a great movie. The dialogue is forced and bad, the characters are mean and nasty for no good reason, and it was just....i do not get what people saw in the movie at all.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    BESIDES my personal ties to the movie (like, it basically takes place in everywhere that has been important in my life and that makes it somewhat abhorrent) it's just not a great movie. The dialogue is forced and bad, the characters are mean and nasty for no good reason, and it was just....i do not get what people saw in the movie at all.
    Did you like Frances Ha?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Didn’t see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I love Andy, I think that whole era of the SNL guys is one of my favorite things to read about and watch.

but yeah Yeller, you nailed it - Jim is going to be remembered as the dude who did the Ace Ventura movie and Andy will be remembered for being Andy. And he's totally panicking about it.
    The problem is that some of the mystic around Andy is undeserved, or has been articulated poorly. He wasn't really a good comedian. He wasn't a master of making people laugh. He was more a performance artist.

Also, while he was alive, 99.9% of people didn't give a shit. Talk to your parents about Andy. They probably didn't even know his real name. He was just the foreign guy on Taxi, Latka Gravas. They probably don't even remember him on SNL. But they probably remember Bill, John, Eddie, etc.

People in the craft and Hollywood kept up with Andy. Shit, Jim is partially responsible for being over shadowed. He made the stories about Andy accessible to people outside of Hollywood and the field of comedy. Now 16 year olds in ohio can go to parties and wax on about how clever Andy was.

He's the Woody Allen or Elvis Costello of comedy. No one outside of the craft gives a shit.

im watching diy network. They've been talking about tiny homes for hours.

So is this really a thing? It is present as somethinc cheaper than a real house...but all these people seem wealthy. One guy was working on his with a $50,000 forklift. A lot of these are on their parents' land. Oh and the parents own like 100 acres or more in California...

The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Interesting example. I started counting up his record sales and stopped when I got to five million by his third album. Elvis Costello has released thirty studio albums. His entire catalogue has been reissued three separate times because people just wont stop buying his shit.