Page 1520 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 150615161518151915201521152215241534 ... LastLast
Results 15,191 to 15,200 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Nah. That one has been in my queue for years.

2. It’s my favorite movie of the last however many years.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Had a bunch of 360 controllers that needed various components replaced in order to be functional, so I thought it'd be a great Laser Disc day.

1.) My Favorite Year

Before I started listening to Gilbert Gottfried's podcast, I'd not heard of this one. I don't know if it was him bringing it to consciousness or coincidence, but I'm suddenly hearing it referenced all over the place. Really funny movie. My only exposure to Mark Linn-Baker previously was Perfect Strangers, so I wasn't expecting much of him here. He was pretty good! Peter O' Toole was great, as was the entire cast. I laughed out loud several times, which made me feel good. Seems like a lot of what I do is complain about how unenjoyable most everything I see/listen to/ play is. After a while it can make me think it's me, not everything else. Nope! It's clearly everything else.

2.) Take Five II AV Laser Sampler Disc.

This Sony produced disc has clips of over 60 movies, nature docs, cartoons, concerts, etc. Despite being CLV, the picture quality was really nice, aside from some crazy red push in the "Classics" category (Gone with the Wind, Wizard of Oz, Music Man, etc.) I was surprised I was able to watch the entire thing without incident as both sides had some of the deepest scratches I've seen on an LD.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    after misusing “obtuse” for yeeeaaarrrss someone online finally corrected me bot too long ago. They weren’t nice enough to tell me the word I meant was “abstruse” but I found it eventually.
    Well, it just happened to me: I had been using the word "dearth" incorrectly for my entire life. I thought it meant "surplus," but it means scarcity!

on topic: Season 5 of Parks and Rec is noticeably worse than the other seasons the dream is dead
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Apparently Netflix is so desperate for content they're bankrolling shitty student films now.
    Good score though.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 23 Mar 2018 at 12:05 PM.

6. I dunno if Darryl Hannah and Neil Young are exactly students. But it looks......silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. If you had no idea who those people were and arobotbitme said "hey guys, check out this film one of my students put together" would you have trouble believing it was a student film?

Fire up netflix, watch the first 3 minutes of it and tell me you would.

8. a Southern Man don't need it around anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Netflix decided to be the next Direct to Video.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    a Southern Man don't need it around anyhow.
    This is true.