Page 1545 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 153115411543154415451546154715491559 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,450 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Took my boys to see Incredibles 2 yesterday, it was absolutely perfect. Zero complaints. Brad Bird really is in a league of his own. And whoever designed Elastigirl has a serious thick thigh / butt fetish. Thank you Elastigirl designer.

2. This is about as far from the board's preferences as can be, but FX's Pose is awesome. It's about the drag ball scene in NYC in the 80s. It's kind of ridiculous in places and very overdramatic, but very fun and endearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Theaters? Netflix?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Theaters? Netflix?
    back in the 80s there used to be these things called television channels. Sometimes you had to pay for them. One of these channels was called FX.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Dont go binging up old shit.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    This is about as far from the board's preferences as can be, but FX's Pose is awesome. It's about the drag ball scene in NYC in the 80s. It's kind of ridiculous in places and very overdramatic, but very fun and endearing.
    Have you seen Paris Is Burning? It's a documentary about the same thing. It's supposed to be great but I haven't seen it yet, it's on my list of stuff to watch. I think it's on Netflix.

7. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Have you seen Paris Is Burning? It's a documentary about the same thing. It's supposed to be great but I haven't seen it yet, it's on my list of stuff to watch. I think it's on Netflix.
    Yes! My professor just showed it to us this past quarter - I'm so happy he did! It's a fantastic film, very inspiring to me. I had to try really hard not to let other kids see me cry at the end bc it ends on kind of a low note, but it's such an important watch. Everyone in it is so likable. Pose takes a LOT of its stories from it for sure, the main house mama is definitely modeled after Pepper LaBeija. I think it should probably be watched before you see Pose, if you're inclined! It's easier to understand the dynamics of posing, mopping, and "shade" and all that, or else you're coming into the show not necessarily knowing the lingo. It's not a big deal but seeing the documentary first definitely made it more enjoyable.

Josh: sorry, it's on the FX network on cable. I'm positive it's downloadable in a variety of places.

8. Goliath Season 2

Well.
    It’s an 8 episode season and it was moving along fine and then I got to an episode where it took a turn. Not necessarily a turn for the worse, but a definite out-of-left-field change in tone and direction. This did not end the way I or anyone would have expected. It’s...strange.

9. The Terror - I'm a bit of a Dan Simmons fanboy, so I'm coming at this with a bit of a bias. I read the book years ago when it came out, and absolutely loved it, and the show so far, is a really faithful adaptation. I'm really just fascinated by the entire Franklin Expedition in general. I can't imagine anything freakier than being stranded on the ice for years while everyone around you slowly dies.

10. The Staircase (Netflix) is dumb and the dude is obviously crazy and guilty!!!!!