Page 17 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    cooking is like fucking...
    Yeah, that recipe on Once Upon A Time In Mexico is awesome.

2. I've never tried it, though I want to.

3. I also have to chime in about how fucking bad Epic Movie is. I saw it for free when it was in theaters and I walked out 45 minutes in. I could shit into a VCR, hit 'play,' and watch a better movie.

The scene with Crispin Glover as Willy Wonka dancing to that bomb of a song Fergalicious was the most pain I've ever experienced in my life.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. DOUBLE IMPACT - TWICE THE VAN DAMMAGE. This move is the pinnacle of slow-motion-sidekick cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    The Joy Luck Club was great.
    Heavily features underaged girls

Heat sucked.
    Does not heavily feature underaged girls

Leon/The Professional was fantastic.
    Heavily Features an underage girl

American Psycho was pretty gay.
    Does not heavily feature underage girls

I see a pattern emerging...

5. I just watched the latest installment in the Borne series, it was awesome.

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Now go watch Better Off Dead. Probably my favorite Cusack movie ever. Since then he has been rehashing the same role
    I saw it for the first time three weeks ago. I thought it was going to be stupid, but it was great.

Spaceballs, on the other hand, is not good anymore. There are a few good jokes, but mostly it's just an ugly, boring, uncomfortable movie. Mel Brooks made some entertaining movies, but this is near the bottom.
    Donk

7. John Cusack needs to be casted as the next Gamera.

8. The Bourne Ultimatum - a nice end to the Treadstone trilogy with a good amount of questions having been answered and some sweet action scenes. I really like the direction of Paul Greengrass in both this and Supremacy, moreso than Doug Liman's direction in the first film, though setting the stage required a different pace. It's amazing how different the three Bourne movies are from the books, with only really the first sharing any similarities. I hope to see more quality Bourne films and think it's obvious that this spy franchise put the heat on the Bond boys to go the gritty direction they did with Daniel Craig.

These are probably the best action movies I've seen and definitely the best action trilogy.

9. Hell NO. They OK action films at best and being praised way too much.

Bourne Ultimatum was boring and horribly shot. All of the said extreme tension was non existing, chases were just boring. Bourne films peaked at the original sliding down more and more with each sub sequel. Just like Matrix films.

10. The combination of action, plot, acting, characters, and pacing is pretty much the complete package one could reasonably ask for from an action movie, a genre in which I am very forgiving. Other "serious-in-tone" action movies that collectively shared these traits would be something like The Fugitive with Harrison Ford. I thought the suspense was definitely there in Ultimatum, especially once the gauntlet had been thrown with Marie's death in Supremacy, leaving you to believe that anyone, aside from Bourne, could go.
    Last edited by Gooch; 15 Dec 2007 at 05:56 PM.