Page 1421 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 140714171419142014211422142314251435 ... LastLast
Results 14,201 to 14,210 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I'm not really a fan of Nolan, Memento and The Prestige were great but the rest of his stuff is pretty terrible. The Dark Knight's only redeeming factor is that the Joker is a good villain, and you can't give him props for that when it's just good source material.

2. The Prestige is great.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I mean to fix it, buying Kubrick movies a la carte instead of in box sets is probably the only reason I didn't see it before 2000.
    That's a good point, it was one of if not the only movie of his that you couldn't buy on its own for the longest time.

4. I'm sort of whatever about Nolan. TDK was great but that didn't entirely have to do with his directing. Inception was moronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Memento, like Inception, is a neat little metal ring puzzle and has as much emotional and aesthetic depth: it trades on clever gimmick which, once grasped, doesn't leave you with much left to do. What's interesting about any given Memento scene aside from its position in the batting order?

6. Dunkirk was great but ten more minutes of character development could've helped. I know that's not what he was going for but still. Not a huge fan of how all three perspectives were cut either but overall one of the better movies you can watch this year.

7. I realized the ending to Momento halfway through and spent the rest making fun of it :/
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. I just watched Hacksaw Ridge. Earth 2 Spider Man bugged me because of his constant goofy looks. Then at the end I saw why he was doing that.
    As I've noted over the last few years, I've become an emotional baby when it comes to movies. I started the day balling my eyes out to the 2017 Rock and Roll HoF (and I didnt even like Tupac!) and kept it going with HR. I used to be able to watch this stuff and it was no big deal. Now I get all in my own head thinking about how all this shit really happened to real people and no matter how many times we're reminded of the horrors of war we just can't stop ourselves from engaging in more.
    I'm not saying there isn't ever any reason to wage war, but I do think all other options should be exhausted first and that's just not going to happen. Too much money to be made by sacrificing the lives of others.

You can watch Memento twice. Once to go "Oh!" and then again to go "Hey!" then after that it's just to watch it with other people that haven't seen it.

10. Fair assessment.