Page 6 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by arjue View Post
    Planet Terror - STILL not out in cinemas here (WTF), I watched the American DVD at my friends house. A lot of people said this was inferior to Death Proof, but i have to disagree. Well actually, while i think that Death Proof is probably a better movie overall, i don't think it comes close to PT in terms of capturing the spirit of grind house cinema.

I fucking loved every bit of it. The characters and their dialog were great. The violence was awesome and incredibly over the top (especially the huge blood squibs they used for the gun shots). The Soundtrack was really awesome too. I really think it was perfect for the type of film it was trying to be.
    Death Proof should have been a <30 minute film. Apparently they can't say "no" to QT.

Planet Terror is awesome fun. I support anything that gives Michael Bien movie work.

2. i need a GIF of the ending of Death Proof, that made the movie for me.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

3. Quote Originally Posted by BioMechanic View Post
    the soundtrack (especially horrid)
    BOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think with Argento films you have to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy them. Basically, for Argento, Style is infinitely more important than substance, and if you go in expecting a really nicely shot movie with crazy lighting and cool deaths without hoping for a genuinely good film, they can be really fun.

And for the time, most of the effects were really good.

4. I watched the seminal Steven Seagal classic under siege, one of the shining moments of Tommy Lee Jones career I'm sure. I can't pick up enoguh of these 4 movies in one set things. The Stalone pack is up next, demolition man bitches.

5. Dreamcast

Please tell me it comes with Cobra.

Been working my way through the final season of Sopranos. How the mighty have fallen. Just waiting for the blackout at this point.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

6. I just watched World Trade Center all the way through for the first time.

I liked it quite a bit. Good human story, much less pro-war Republican bullshit nonsense (though there is some) than I thought it would be as well.

The last few weekends have been barren for me though. Usually at least once a week I watch something that catches my eye, and really entertains me. Nothing recently though.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

7. I just watched The Thin Man earlier. I love those movies.

8. Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by youandwhosearmy View Post
    I just watched World Trade Center all the way through for the first time.

I liked it quite a bit. Good human story, much less pro-war Republican bullshit nonsense (though there is some) than I thought it would be as well.
    You thought Ollie Stone was going to make a pro GOP movie?

Thin Man stuff was surprisingly good.

I watched Live Free or Die Hard last night. Horrible movie. John didn't seem to have that devil-may-care attitude he's sported in the others. There was too much in common with DH2 (which I really enjoy) than 1 and 3. DC setting, home-grown uber-patriot badguy that will teach the Gov a lesson, family member at risk as John's motivating factor, mode of transportation (airplanes in 2, traffic and everything else in 4) under attack, incompetent cop "teammates" (Sipowicz in 2, blundering FBI in 4)...just a horrible way to end the series.

All these similarities with 2 but none of the good stuff in 2 (cool bad guy, Christmas, the funny).

I watched the unrated version, so at least I got a "Yippie-Ki-Yay Mother Fucker!" at the end but even that felt fake.

McClane's still one of the top 5 action characters of all time, but this movie sucked.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

9. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I just watched The Thin Man earlier. I love those movies.
    Brilliant flicks.

10. Come on die hard 4 was the jam

family member at risk as John's motivating factor
    Only at the end he was doing it of his own volition for most of the movie.
    John didn't seem to have that devil-may-care attitude he's sported in the others.
    He has no regard for his saftey what so ever and doesn't respect those in charge. That seems to be what devil may care means.
    incompetent cop
    No one even comes close to how obnoxiously inept the cop from 2 was.