Page 1578 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 156415741576157715781579158015821592 ... LastLast
Results 15,771 to 15,780 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I loved The Riches. Still burns it got killed, I really want to know where they were going to go with it. And holy shit I didn't recognize Shannon Woodward on Westworld from TR! I had a hardcore crush on her.

2. Watched The Raid 2 last night. Really enjoyed it, even more than The Raid.

Maybe it was because I had already seen Dredd multiple times but I thought Raid 2 was a lot more interesting and fun in terms of character development. Glad I finally took the time to watch these movies.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. I don't think that's how most people feel but I agree, I enjoyed the sequel more as well.

4. I watched the new Halloween! I really liked it! I didn't feel like it was too nostalgia-baity, though I can see comparisons to reboots like The Force Awakens. I thought the way it mirrors the first movie made it a good sequel. There's a lot of humor, but it was usually a nice contrast the serious moments. John Carpenter collaborating on the soundtrack is nice. It's ultimately a popcorn flick, it doesn't ask any big questions or anything, but it's a fun slasher and the best sequel in the series.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. I just watched Adam Sandler's new Netlfix comedy special titled 100% Fresh.

lol, no I didn't.
    I am watching the Halloween Half in the Bag episode though.

6. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    Watched The Raid 2 last night. Really enjoyed it, even more than The Raid.

Maybe it was because I had already seen Dredd multiple times but I thought Raid 2 was a lot more interesting and fun in terms of character development. Glad I finally took the time to watch these movies.
    Ha, I didn’t even know there was a sequel. Checking it out immediately.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

7. Watched Venom. This movie was a hot mess... but I kind of enjoyed it anyway. Venom was Venom being the best part about it. It having no real plot, or structure, or villain, etc. was a huge mess. But the parts with Venom and Brock and Annie were nice. Loved it when it was at its weirdest.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. That movie was extremely bad on all levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

watched seasons 2 of Castlevania

I mostly liked it. I don't have any huge problems with it. I liked the last two episodes. It was nice to see Alucard and Dracula jut beat the shit out of each other. And I'm glad they pulled back before going full DBZ and stuck to things that were mostly possible in the game. It was also great when Alucard changed to a wolf and bolted through the room. And it was nice to see the sword used like the sword familiar from SOTN.

Some people are saying that a lot could have been cut. I don't really agree. Much of the middle was the lead in for season 3. I'd rather them put that shit in the middle and use bits of it to build the ending, than shit the ending up with some bullshit that can't be concluded, trying to force Netflix to make another season. Putting it in the middle and making it easily ignorable, while giving us a complete ending, is a fucking gift really.

I liked the tonal shift in the ending. I was not expecting them to show both Alucard and Dracula breaking down over loss. Its nice to see some real life inspired sadness and reflection on death in a cartoon so full of death. You would think that would go hand in hand, but most of the time it doesn't.

I only had a few gripes with it. Like I could have done with far less modern profanity. It kind of took me out of it. Kind of felt more like Avatar if it was made for HBO or MTV than the source material.

Also, the audio on the few castlevania tracks wasn't punchy enough. It really should have lifted the scene, but the volume seemed pretty low. I'm not sure why this seems to happen so much with vampire doodles. There was the same problem in going from Hellsing to Hellsing Ultimate. Ultimate had a very subdued sound and music style when compared to the older show. And it was at the manga artist's request! Maybe they thought the orignal song was cheesy? Fuck you. Lean into that shit. Own it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    That movie was extremely bad on all levels.
    I will not argue. The way Riot came to Earth and started eating things reminded me of Men in Black.