Page 1538 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 152415341536153715381539154015421552 ... LastLast
Results 15,371 to 15,380 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. That checks out. I don't care about the Goonies at all, but I didn't see it when I was a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

The stage act thing is one of the things I like about it, actually.

3. I was more of a Good Fella's kind of guy, and I loved Kill Bill. I was expecting a bit more action from the movie, and I soon got bored with the dialog heavy scenes.

it has the same issues as Clerks and Goonies, thematically. You had to be a certain age at a certain time to get anything out of them.
    I watched Clerks years after (maybe 5?) it came out. I had to see what all of the fuss was about, and it delivered. It was funny. Yeah, I was way too old to get into the Goonies.
    Last edited by gamevet; 23 May 2018 at 10:47 PM.

4. Yay actual movie talk!

I never really understood why Reservoir Dogs was such a big deal. It's fine, but it's definitely one of QT's worst films (Either Reservoir Dogs or Django IMO). Brick is a much more impressive debut picture, that movie is so focused its unbelievable.

Movies I've watched recently:

Silence of The Lambs - Absolutely fantastic crime thriller. It doesn't pull any punches with it's violence but it never gets gratuitous. The film making is incredibly deliberate but nuanced, but ultimately it's the acting that solidifies this movie. Everyone is great in it, but in particular, Ted Levine's performance as Buffalo Bill is incredibly disturbing.

Inland Empire - It literally doesn't make any sense and barely has a plot, but the fantastic cast and cinematography are enough to carry this film. A very palpable sense of dread and intrigue permeates this movie, with it's cheap digital look somehow adding to its effectiveness. I think you need to have acquired a taste for this level of abstraction in film to enjoy it, or be a big David Lynch fan. I think the secret to this films success is it's sound design, an aspect to Lynches film making that is always top tier. It's hard to believe that Lynch hasn't done any recreational drugs, particularly dissociatives, as no movie comes close to capturing the feeling of dissociation as this does. If Jordorowski's Holy Mountain is the acid trip of movies, this film is the ketamine trip of movies - Awkward, confusing and hypnotic.

Bottom of the World - This is an indie art-house horror flick in which a couple stay at a hotel and start to lose their minds. It's hard to provide more detail than that without spoiling it. I think with a better edit, this could have been a great little movie, but it's such a mess that it ultimately doesn't work. It has a great cast and a lot of visual flair but unlike Inland Empire there isn't enough substance for that to carry it.

White Guilt Unchained? I've tried 3 times to get down with that movie, and can't.

Reservoir dogs is exactly what SSJN said, and Jackie Brown will get better every time you watch it. It's, maybe, one of the best movies ever made? I go back and forth on that every so often, but if a movie can remain/becomemore interesting, engaging, thought provoking, smart, funny, and cool twenty years after its release maybe it should fall into that category.

I'd rather watch Jackie Brown again than any of the movies on most Movie People's top 5 list anyway.

6. MY top five movies are all Marvel movies.
    Check.

7. Had you never seen Silence of the Lambs before, Arjue? I admit I'm a little jealous bc if I could wipe that movie from my brain and rewatch it with new eyes every time, I totally would. I think that's my most watched movie, it's amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. "I'd fuck me"

I watched Heat the other night, and had a hard time seeing Buffalo Bill as a cop.

9. I don't understand how someone can have a Top 5 list that lasts more than maybe five years. That's some stagnant shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

MY top five movies are all Marvel movies.
    Check.
    Your list could be my top five Marvel movies and what I said would still apply.