Page 1591 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 157715871589159015911592159315951605 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,910 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

What a joker.

2. it’s rein time!

3. I dig it, I hope it goes in unexpected places because that's the only way it'll really stand out and stand on its own. Joaquin Phoenix being great is basically a given, I just hope it doesn't go the cliche of a guy with mommy issues that gets bulled a lot and snaps.

"Ahead of the trailer launch online in a bit over twelve hours, Warner Bros. Pictures used its CinemaCon presentation to show off the first footage from director Todd Phillips’ “Joker” movie which screened to a very good response.

Phillips was also on hand to say that while there has been a lot of talk about what the film is, most of it hasn’t been very accurate and that’s expected: “when you set out to make an origin story about a beloved character that basically has no definitive origin.”

Phillips says the film is still taking shape and so when the marketing department at Warners asked him to describe the movie the other day he said: “I can’t”. Asked for a genre, he dubbed it a “tragedy”.

From those who’ve seen the footage, comparisons have been made to Martin Scorsese’s “Taxi Driver,” Lynne Ramsey’s “You Were Never Really Here” and Nicole Kassell’s “The Woodsman” with a small scale, strong cinematography from Laurence Sher, and another potential excellent performance by Joaquin Phoenix."

4. I don’t dig the art direction of it that much. I don’t mind the exploration of characters in hero universes though — that’s kind of their thing.

Phoenix looks pretty good in this but the underwear dancing looks a bit ridiculous. Hopefully that’s one scene sprinkled throughout the trailer and not as overdone as the trailer made it seem.

5. What a weird way to remake The King of Comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I’m jazzed.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. The new season of The Tick is actually great. I liked what they were going for with this reboot, but the drawn out origin story of the first season was just not as much fun as watching a bunch of ridiculous superheroes and villains clash. Season 2 is a blast.

For fuck's sake, I'm going too watch Lord of the Rings again?

9. I know some of you are over RLM, but I find myself rewatching this again and again. It's a really insightful breakdown of the entire Star Wars filmography, not just a Force Awakens review.