Page 1523 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 150915191521152215231524152515271537 ... LastLast
Results 15,221 to 15,230 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Dude, go watch part 2 RIGHT NOW. You'll learn a lot more about Michael and the old Don. It's one of the best movies.

Last night I watched Beneath the Planet of the Apes. I dig the original, but this was one weird ass sequel.
    Is that the one where the goofy telepathic mutants worship a nuke and everyone dies at the end? 70's sci-fi, man.

2. new Roseanne. Not anywhere near as bad as I expected. It was a little odd and robotic in places, a little preachy in others, but overall enjoyable and weirdly sentimental in ways. I absolutely get the criticism its receiving but the appeal to nostalgia is definitely compelling.

I'm also both somehow Darlene still as well as her daughter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. I watched both episodes. Liked 'em a lot.

I was never a huge Rosanne fan, her voice (like Fran Drescher) grates on me. But my grandma would watch it so when I was at her house I'd do it too.
    I don't see it now, but when I was a kid I thought Darlene was stunning. Never liked Becky. Didn't matter which one. DJ was a dork. Dan was the man. I also had a thing for Laurie Metcalf. Oof.
    I was shocked to see Darlene's daughter being played by Debbie from Shameless. It's not often (does it ever happen?) that an actor plays two major parts in two different shows.
    The Mark character kinda bugged the hell out of me. Not because of the girls clothes (the fantastic yet cancelled before its time show The Riches broke that ground for me), but because the audience was beat over the head with it, but considering the demographic Rosanne used to pull in I guess it's a necessary evil. I'm hoping that they've said their peace on the issue and more attention is placed on who he is, not what he wears from here on out.

4. Roseanne was a great show, but I don't think we need to do it again. Even though there are some good jokes I can't really do the mechanical sitcom thing any more.

5. Well, for what it's worth this beats the pants off of other resurrections like Fuller House, X-files, 24, and Twin Peaks.

6. You know what, this *was* a better reboot than all those others. Wow. I’m stunned.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Is that the one where the goofy telepathic mutants worship a nuke and everyone dies at the end? 70's sci-fi, man.
    Yup, that's the one.

I watched Escape from the Planet of the Apes the next day. After Beneath, I was surprised that Escape is actually a very good movie. It's the one where Cornelius and Zira go back to modern times. The first half of the movie is goofy as fuck and wonderful, while the second half goes back to being a serious Apes movie that doesn't end well for anyone.

I have to hand it to Roddy McDowall and Kim Hunter. Considering their faces are hidden by ape makeup they still managed to be the most human and likable characters in a movie where they are the only apes. It really hits you hard when they die at the end, pretty badly. The movie is more or less about their relationship, and to see Zira crawling over to the dying Cornelius so they can die together was heartbreaking.

8. I really like the one with Ricardo Montoban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Someone mentioned The Riches! No one seemed to have caught that show

10. well, I did. Frickin loved it.