Page 1605 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 159116011603160416051606160716091619 ... LastLast
Results 16,041 to 16,050 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Honestly I thought the first hour was better than the second hour. I liked driving around in LA listening to music. I could have gone another few hours like that.

Pros:

I really, really enjoyed it. I loved all the feet, and the guy who played Polanski was perfect and adorable. Like I want to marry him a little bit, but in that fantasy 1969 way. Dakota Fanning as Squeaky Fromme was probably the best casting decision I’ve ever seen. I literally yelped in the theater when I realized it was her.
    This is the only movie (I think ever, other than her own movies) that humanized Sharon Tate. Seriously, as much media as I’ve consumed on the Manson murders, this was the only fictional portrayal of her where I was getting upset about what was going to happen to her (sort of.) I don’t think she was as hippie dippie in real life, but it was a nice fantasy.

It was really beautiful. I like how they got a mini Adam Driver for Tex Watson.

Cons:

the Bruce Lee thing was dumb. They could have had him in the scene with Sharon and it would have been fine. The part with him and Brad was stupid except the yelling wife was funny.

I’m a little sketch on current movies and their obsession with nostalgia. This isn’t an indictment of ...Hollywood specifically, because Tarantino’s thing is nostalgia and that’s what he’s good at. But it’s somewhat troubling when the only worthwhile movie in mainstream theaters in ages is a love letter to one of America’s most fucked up years.

Neutral:

I’m thinking this was intentional, but the guy who played Manson sucked. I think QT was trying to make him completely in the background, just a total nobody. That I liked, the actor didn’t really capture anything special like Tex and the others did. I’m not sure how I feel about that.

Brad was fine, but I’m actually a little questionable about Leo. Did we really need his story? Like, if we replaced his story with Brad’s alone, and put him in the final final scene, wouldn’t that be kind of a cooler ending? Like Hey Sharon, hey Jay. Yeah, I’ll come in and have a drink. Sounds cool. Roll credits. I keep playing alternate scenarios where either Brad or Leo aren’t in it, and I don’t actually feel like Leo added anything to the movie. Kind of a weird take, idk. Happy endings aren’t my thing, I prefer ambiguity.

Overall not Tarantino’s best, but it was really beautiful and an excellent watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Everyone gushes about Pitt but Leo stole the show. His acting was sublime and the strength of the movie. Without it would be 90 min of Pitt acting as the easy going tough guy (yawn).

3. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    the guy who played Polanski was perfect and adorable. Like I want to marry him a little bit
    You officially have the worst taste in men.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    You officially have the worst taste in men.
    Like I said, in that 1969 way! Not in the flee the country from rape charges in 2019 way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Yeah, yeah.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Everyone gushes about Pitt but Leo stole the show. His acting was sublime and the strength of the movie. Without it would be 90 min of Pitt acting as the easy going tough guy (yawn).
    Leo's scenes within the Western with the child actress was easily the highlight of the film.

7. Oh look, Jackie Brown went up on Netflix today.

8. Perfect timing, I have today off.

9. Sooo maybe skip Hobbs and Shaw. It's a tad underwhelming.

10. I really liked Once Upon a Time In Hollywood. There's a lot to chew on! The unreliable narrator Bruce Lee scene is a whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!