Page 1491 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 147714871489149014911492149314951505 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,910 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Dave Chappelle’s newest special said what I think a lot of people are thinking about this stuff.

2. The End of the Fxxxing World, as Chux predicted, is totally my team and one of the most gosh darn charming things I've ever seen. I'm sure there will be many tears toward the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. #metoo

Episode 7 (?) waffles into "regular television" territory a bit but overall it was pretty great. Also the disappearing blood magic trick.

4. I’m off today and have been watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee on Fe’s recommendation. I love the show. It’s just a deconstructed talk show but it works well.

Had to download the Louis CK episode. Seemed too good to miss after they referenced it in the Tina Fey episode (my favourite so far). I’m hoping there’s a Poehler episode somewhere eventually.

5. Alec baldwin's episode KILLLLLED me.

cig - I'm only on ep 3, but i cant wait to finish eeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I've been watching South Park again, starting from the beginning. The first two seasons of the show are still fucking amazing.

7. The ending with him screaming “Stephen!” was pretty hilarious. I think Louis CK’s may have been the best one. I enjoyed Tina Fey’s as well. I stopped watching to save some for another time.

8. Days of Heaven.

Oh look, another highly regarded film I'd never heard of and only bought because of the names listed on the front. I've never seen Brooke Adams before, but my God, she certainly has a look to her. Everything about this movie is beautiful, even (especially?) the ugly parts. When I have the dollars, I'm definitely picking up the Criterion bluray.

9. good ol Terrence Malick.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

10. Love Story.

Figured I'd keep the beautiful people ball rolling. Sappy and touching, what I loved most about the film was the dialog. The manner in which the two leads speak to each other feels very modern in the way that it's like "I'm saying something rather harsh or mean right now but you know I mean the direct opposite because we care for each other so much." I've liked Ryan O'Neal since I was a kid and saw What's Up Doc, but I think this is only the third movie I've seen with him (the other one being Paper Moon). I guess it got a crappy sequel several years later.