Page 1547 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 153315431545154615471548154915511561 ... LastLast
Results 15,461 to 15,470 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Watched Ghost Stories and was disappointed by the end. It's British so of course it tried to be way too clever and far up its own ass when I legit just wanted some ghouls and ghosts.

2. glow was kind of snooze at first but it picked up. It’s not some sort of revolutionary series or anything, but it’s funny and cute and a good watch. It’s been a little disjointed in places, like they sort of changed the punk daughter a little bit, she’s not as cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

No Down Payment (1957) - I love anything from this time period because it all seems like science fiction, or a parallel universe. Anyway, this movie gets pretty dark, but perhaps not in the way it wants to.

Blue Denim (1959) - Wild ass anti-abortion propaganda. Bonus points for the Mom, everything she says is bananas but that's how people thought maybe? I don't know, man. I'd rather watch 20 old bad movies than one current good one.

My favorite part is when Dude is about to ask Girl if he can kiss her and she says IT'S NO GOOD IF YOU ASK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Took my boys to see Incredibles 2 yesterday, it was absolutely perfect. Zero complaints. Brad Bird really is in a league of his own. And whoever designed Elastigirl has a serious thick thigh / butt fetish. Thank you Elastigirl designer.
    Yeah, I'm all about it.

Did anyone read the ridiculous New Yorker takedown of the movie? Completely missed the entire point.

Yeah though Elastigirl is THICCCCCC and all the action sequences are fantastic
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

I just tried to read that but the author was too full of his own bullshit and I couldn't continue.

yeah, it was pretty enjoyable. No complaints.

Look Back in Anger (1959) - OK, so my understanding of the 1950's is that women were being raped all over the place, then forced to carry the baby to term because otherwise your doctor would call you a murdering bitch for even bringing up the possibility of not having your rape baby. Then you have to move out of state and give birth to the aforementioned rape baby.

Anyway, this movie is about a an asshole douchebag in England with lots of cultural references I don't get because I'm not fucking British. It's based on a play, so maybe that's why everyone talked like overly dramatic chumps. I can't recommend this one.

9. Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee LavAzza Season 5.

Aside from Jerry's weird and awkward fascination with teh gay, pretty decent round of guests.

10. I caught Hereditary today. It’s an exceptionally well crafted movie, but I came out of it a little disappointed. But not in a way that I think the masses would have been. The cinematography was really great, I loved how the shots looked like they were in miniature. The mother actress was so compelling.

I felt like the second half of the movie cheapened the first half. The movie early on explicitly drops some lines about tragedy and fate vs free will, and you see the characters dealing with some heavy grief. Then it gets explicitly supernatural and the tone shifts from introspective to very plot driven. I lost all that emotion when the spooky ghosts came in.
    That said, I love occult stuff and the second half was awesome. I just don’t like how it tied to the first.
    I feel like there is symbolism that I haven’t figured out yet because I’m dumb. I want to watch it again. I definitely want to see discussion about it.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!