Page 1496 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 148214921494149514961497149815001510 ... LastLast
Results 14,951 to 14,960 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    The Incredibles. I don't think I had ever seen the whole thing before yesterday. I think this is one of the best movies of the 21st century and is without a doubt my favorite superhero movie. The way everyone's power is tied to their personality is brilliant. That's also what makes Final Fantasy IV the best Final Fantasy and one of the only videogames I'm not embarrassed to have on the TV when my wife is around. Violet learning how to do The Bubble is Rydia learning Fire.

Somehow the most staid superpowers feel totally fresh here.

There's a little Edith Head lady in this movie.

It really is so good. Maybe I should make some lifestyle changes and watch more Pixar. I've never seen a Toy Story sequel or a Car.
    Yeah, you should watch all Pixar.

Except anything Cars. Fuck those movies.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Oh yeah, I thought Up was okay. But it came off the rails with the Kevin stuff and the explody last act.

Explody last act worked better in Incredibles because super heroes.

3. It was pretty great how they got around the indestructible robot obstacle.

Seriously, how did they get that whole thing in her butt?

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Oh yeah, I thought Up was okay. But it came off the rails with the Kevin stuff and the explody last act.

Explody last act worked better in Incredibles because super heroes.
    Have you thought about just watching up until the end of the silent film section and considering it to be a short film. That's what I do.

Josh: Yeah, and they used it twice as well =(. I'm surprised they didn't go AC/DC when the whole crowd was chanting "Thun-der".
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

Watching the beginning of Up and then stopping gives you the full punch in the balls without the Pixar Payoff. Brutal. I don’t think I could do it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Watching the beginning of Up and then stopping gives you the full punch in the balls without the Pixar Payoff. Brutal. I don’t think I could do it.
    When my girlfriend and her best friend were at my place, I had them watch iron giant and stopped it before the head rolled back together part. They were crying like crazy, so I showed them a cut of UP I made that is only up to the end of silent part. There is a comfortable chair in hell waiting for me.

8. Re: The beginning part of Up is sad.

Watch Amore.

Go ahead.

I dare you.

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Re: The beginning part of Up is sad.

Watch Amore.

Go ahead.

I dare you.
    Challenge accepted. WHY DID THOR NOT THUNDERSTRUCK!!!!

THUN DUH