Page 1548 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 153415441546154715481549155015521562 ... LastLast
Results 15,471 to 15,480 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. By coincidence we happened to see it on the same day! I totally get what you’re saying, however I feel the complete opposite!!

First things first, the movie was INSANELY triggering for me, which I knew it would be going in. There were some parts in the beginning where I was so overwhelmed that I just started crying, it was involuntary. But I do not regret seeing it in the least, and in some ways I’m even happy I did because it was such a masterpiece that I can set my feelings to the side and just appreciate the sheer artistry of it. The depth, the master crafting of the sets, the acting, I have NO complaints about any of it. Riveting from start to finish. I will never, never watch this again for any reason, but I would recommend it to anyone who wants to take the journey.

I should probably spoiler everything further

I think there’s a few ways you can read this. You can read it as a more traditional mythical/supernatural piece, where there’s magic afoot and cultish behavior. Is a great movie like this, but I could see where some would be like huh??? What’s up with this second half???? If you take it at face value.
    Or you can read it like this, which I’m going to prefer to:
    So, Ellen’s children clearly inherited some sort of serious mental illnesses from both her and the father (who starved himself.) Annie’s brother committed suicide, her sister I forget what but she was mentally ill too. Annie, I think, is schizophrenic (perhaps also suffering from DID?) in turn, she passes this mental illness onto her son, and possibly Charlie as well, who seems to be vaguely aspergers/autistic? I think once Charlie dies, the psychotic tendencies of both Annie and the son are completely indulged, almost to a poltergeist level - which results in a shared mother/son delusion. This culminates with Annie having a breakdown, which we see as supernatural occurrences. I am somewhat doubtful these are occurring in real life, and I’m not too sure it matters if they are or not. The son, feeding off the delusions of the mother and racked with his own guilt from killing Charlie, begins suffering some of his own - the smirking reflection, the light beams, and finally, the ending. The ending is basically a manic euphoria and a delusion of grandeur, he is the chosen one. All, in a sense, is forgiven.

I’m totally sure I’m projecting some of my own stuff onto this, but I feel like the plot line fits and gives it an added really, really disturbing quality for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. I’ve finally gotten around to seeing The Last Jedi again. Haven’t finished it yet because tired girlfriends and all. She fell asleep within the first 15 minutes when we saw it in the movies and slept through the entire thing and couldn’t even discuss it with me afterwards 😫

I certainly enjoyed certain parts of the movie but I didn’t have a great taste in my mouth when it was all said and done. It wasn’t detesting like much of the prequels but I dunno...I sort of felt the same about The Force Awakens but came to appreciate it more on successive viewings and really enjoy it now so perhaps it will be the same with TLJ.

I never was able to make it to the movies to see the Han Solo movie. I really loved Rogue One and was pretty excited for the future of the spin-off projects but I had heard a lot of rumors of issues with the Solo movie and I haven’t really heard much about it since it came out. Anyone have anything to say about it?

3. TFA grew on me the more I watched it as well. I really dig it now.
    I’ e tried rewatching TLJ and I cant get passed the opening. There is sooo much dumb going on (the physics of space especially) that I cant take it and turn it off.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    TFA grew on me the more I watched it as well. I really dig it now.
    I’ e tried rewatching TLJ and I cant get passed the opening. There is sooo much dumb going on (the physics of space especially) that I cant take it and turn it off.
    I try really hard to ignore all of that, as the movies have never really been very scientifically accurate to begin with. I had to keep telling myself to ignore all of the inaccuracies but I thought the opening sequence was actually pretty cool, one of my favorite parts even. It had a real WW2 type vibe which has always been a heavy inspiration for the series but was shyed away from in the prequels.

My biggest problem with the movie is there are some major events going on but the primary plot line is very narrow in scope and only tells a very small story, though I suppose Empire had somewhat of the same idea. There was a lot of missed opportunities I thought and the movie failed to properly harness what it did the best. I really loved the scenes where Rey and Kylo Ren were linked. They had a really lonely and spooky vibe to them as well as serving for some compelling character development. My money is still on TLJ turning out to be the weaker movie of the trilogy. I do enjoy it more when I don’t suppress the child in me and don’t let myself scrutinize the technical aspects so much.

5. Manchester By the Sea

Depressing movie that gets more depressing along the way. Casey Affleck was very good in this movie (along with all the major characters). I am glad I watched it but it is too depressing to go back to. One scene in particular, is just heart-breaking.

Looking for scientific accuracy in a movie about magical sorcerers and their faster than light traveling spaceships might be a mistake.

7. Just turn your brain off and have fun!

8. Titanic (3D) - have to say that the 3D really added to the movie despite it being 20+ years old it was worth re-watching. I'm a 3D Blu Ray nut so there's that, too.

9. It’s weird, I never had to turn my brain off for the original movies. Never had to turn it off for the first 3 Indiana Jones. Didnt have to turn it off for Event Horizon or Sunshine. Didnt have to turn it off for Moon. Didnt have to turn it off for Deadpool. Jurassic Park? Brain was on, the whole time! Guardians of the Galaxy #1? Ummm, yep, brain was on!

I wonder what the difference is between all those movies and the ones I keep hearing I should turn my brain off to enjoy...what could it be...

10. The new SW movies suck. Doesn't matter if you turn anything on or off.