Page 1550 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 153615461548154915501551155215541564 ... LastLast
Results 15,491 to 15,500 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. He is, Luke's just not what you thought he was. He ultimately beat the Emperor as a pacifist, he beat Kylo Ren as a pacifist. Both times he was walking back going overboard with violence.

I think a *LOT* of that movie was dumb (fuel? we're worried about fuel in Star Wars now?), but the Luke stuff I liked quite a bit.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 11 Jul 2018 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Last Jedi was fine.
    At the least, I haven't seen any fan improvements that I think would have improved what was there. Other than maybe not have bombers dropping bombs in zero-gravity space.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. I mean TIE Bombers have always been around Star Wars, the whole series' notion of space combat is 'we have stock footage from world wars, let's do it with space ships'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. True or False: Poe Dameron would have been thrust back into the seat of his space craft when he was in space and BB-8 "punched" it.

5. I really can't remember, did everyone get thrown back when the millenium falcon engaged hyperspeed?
    If so, I'll retract that one grievance.

But that moment, in the first five minutes of it, the film triggered my Dumb Bullshit Being Done Only To Look Cool alarm. By 10 minutes in the alarm was blowing off and continued to do so until the movie ended. I've said it time and time again, I can only suspend my disbelief so far. Make whatever rules for your universe you want to. But you have to stay within those rules or your just Rob Liefeld throwing extra lines all over the place because It Looks Cool.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 11 Jul 2018 at 04:00 PM.

*Nerd Hat*

Unless the inertial dampeners were damaged, it shouldn't matter what happens when Poe punches it. However, fighter pilots tend to turn it down so that they can still feel the movement of the craft, but not so much that they black out. This wouldn't work on a freighter, as you'd have shit flying everywhere.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    True or False: Poe Dameron would have been thrust back into the seat of his space craft when he was in space and BB-8 "punched" it.
    Apparently true, but I thought it was false. I didn't think inertia existed in a zero g environment. I was wrong.
    TLJ is still dumb though.

8. I have more problems with the terrible characters making dumb and terrible mistakes (on both sides). Since Kylo is now the new emperor, and he is dumb as a rock, the resistance should just hide out in all of 9 and let the empire crumble due to incompetency and idiocy.

9. I've always had an issue with Bumbling Idiot In Charge of Army, ever since G I Joe. Snoke sort of commented on why having Hucks or Hux (or whatever his name is) made sense for him, but no. No one would follow that fool.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Last Jedi was fine.
    At the least, I haven't seen any fan improvements that I think would have improved what was there. Other than maybe not have bombers dropping bombs in zero-gravity space.

Bomb part is talked about at 4:20. The math works well enough to make it plausible.