Page 1319 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 130513151317131813191320132113231333 ... LastLast
Results 13,181 to 13,190 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    You're obviously trolling with this question since no one would ever say Predator 2 is better than Aliens, but that having been said, P2 is a fun albeit trashy movie.
    If I were trolling, I would say Terminator 2 or Robocop 2?

I like P2. It's so different from the 1st but manages to hold it's own. Aliens is still better.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    If I were trolling, I would say Terminator 2 or Robocop 2?
    Terminator 2, while not as good as the original in most ways, is still esteemed in many people's minds (including mine). But Robocop 2? Yeah, it's not so hot.

I like P2. It's so different from the 1st but manages to hold it's own. Aliens is still better.
    Predator 2 is underrated. I liked the way that they evolved the Predator's gadgets/culture, and I always enjoy seeing actors cast against type like what they did with Danny Glover, making him the loose cannon who pisses off the police chief but dammit, he gets results. Plus the fact that everyone is perpetually sweaty is just funny.

And I agree that the different location/feel is a nice departure from the first when most sequels try and mimic the original as closely as possible. Plus, there's tons of action and violence, and who doesn't love that?
    Last edited by Dolemite; 25 Jul 2016 at 03:03 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Predator 2 is the Lethal Weapon 3 we deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I appreciate Predator 2 too. I like the angle it took.

I like it more now. I was pissed as a kid on how not 1 it was

Watched the Castle in the Sky blu Ray with the new English dub and old soundtrack. I had seen it before on VHS as a kid but I think it lost me. God damn, is this movie fantastic. The opening sequence has to be some of the best minutes of animation ever created. It gets a little preachy at the end but the whole thing is incredible. It's like another Indiana Jones movie almost.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 25 Jul 2016 at 07:15 PM. Reason: wtf is charges?
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Watched what I think is both seasons of Rick and Morty.

Pretty awesome. Really enjoyed it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Watched the Castle in the Sky blu Ray with the new English dub and old soundtrack. I had seen it before on charges as a kid but I think it lost me. God damn, is this movie fantastic. The opening sequence has to be some of the best minutes of animation ever created. It gets a little preachy at the end but the whole thing is incredible. It's like another Indiana Jones movie almost.
    My wife and I got that Miyazaki box set recently. We started with Kiki's Delivery Service because she had never seen it. I loved this in 7th grade when it was one of about four anime tapes at the rental place near my dad's house. Now... not so much. Kiki is overbearingly earnest and the whole movie overflows with saccharine good intentions unchecked by the darkness or loneliness of most Ghibli movies. It took me until Kiki becomes a shoe-gazing mope to become invested (and this was almost certainly the reason I loved it when I did), but what little emotional complexity it has comes late in the film and is resolved neatly and immediately.

It was the first time I've ever felt too old to be watching a Miyazaki movie for myself.

Anyway, Castle in the Sky is next because that's the one I haven't seen!

9. Kiki and Howl are pretty closely tied as Miyazaki's worst film honestly.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

While that's true those movies aren't even bad.

I like Kiki's a lot. It's kind of like Ponyo in a way that there isn't much conflict, but it depicts a strong female character making it on their own, which I like a lot.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 25 Jul 2016 at 07:19 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.