Page 9 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. "the gay French Star Wars."
    That actually seems pretty dead on, I think it's a charming film. But there just isn't much meat to the movie.

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I thought about seeing Rescue Dawn, but I tend to shy away from the torture genre, as a rule. I really don't enjoy watching it.
    There really isnt any gruesome torture. Not really any torture at all. Just malnutrition. Bale does get to eat a bowl of maggots for real though.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. Ok, cool. The way I had heard it described before, I had assumed there was some bamboo-fingernail action going on.

4. I watched Frank Capra's Meet John Doe (1941) today and enjoyed the hell out of it. A journalist creates a story to increase her paper's circulation, a bum agrees to play the part of the everyman her made-up story was about, he becomes nationally famous, a people's movement starts around him, and things start to get out of hand politically. Really good movie. Highly recommended. Superb performances by all the principals.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I watched Frank Capra's Meet John Doe (1941) today and enjoyed the hell out of it. A journalist creates a story to increase her paper's circulation, a bum agrees to play the part of the everyman her made-up story was about, he becomes nationally famous, a people's movement starts around him, and things start to get out of hand politically. Really good movie. Highly recommended. Superb performances by all the principals.
    Doesn't "Street Smart" with Morgan Freeman have the same plot?

Also, isn't Morgan Freeman playing a really mean pimp in said movie?

edit: a-ha!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_...281987_film%29
    STARRING CHRISTOPHER REEVE!
    Last edited by YellerDog; 10 Dec 2007 at 01:25 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Doesn't "Street Smart" with Morgan Freeman have the same plot?

Also, isn't Morgan Freeman playing a really mean pimp in said movie?

edit: a-ha!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_...281987_film%29
    STARRING CHRISTOPHER REEVE!
    Kind of the the same plot. But Meet John Doe has larger implications with the turn it takes.

7. Yes, but does Gary Cooper slap a bitch?

8. watched 10th and Wolf, Brooklyn Rules and Mr. Brooks this weekend. they were all pretty damn good.

9. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach View Post
    The Guardian - Costner and Ashton Kutcher; USCG movie.

Annapolis - James Franco, Jordana Brewster; Naval Academy movie.

Miss them both, TNL.
    i really liked The Guardian....until the ending. had it ended 15 minutes prior i would have totally liked it.

10. I watched the 2007 Night of the Living Dead remake with Sid Haig. Holy fuck, it was one of the worst movies ever. Total piece of maggot-ridden monkey shit.

Also saw the unrated Live Free or Die Hard DVD. Still a fun but silly video game, but Bruce being allowed to say 'motherfucker' now was cool, I guess.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww