Page 1598 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 158415941596159715981599160016021612 ... LastLast
Results 15,971 to 15,980 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Chernobyl is getting bleaker and bleaker every episode. Soon we’ll just plunge into complete darkness.

The circus documentary added to Netflix recently was quite good, as is their little music documentary series - I think there’s been two episodes so far, one about the blues musician who supposedly sold his soul to the devil and the other was about the appropriation of Solomon Linda’s Ubube into The Lion Sleeps Tonight. Spoiler: white people love getting rich off black music.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Godzilla: King of the Monsters. It was...just okay. On par with the first one in almost every respect, including WAAAAY too much emphasis on the stupid human characters, especially during the monster-on-monster battles. It had the potential to be so much better than it was.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. COMPLETELY disagree, I thought it was fantastic. There has never been a Godzilla film without useless human interactions, this one went in a weirdo SUPER SCIENCE direction with 'em and at least tried a bit.

May be the best monster action in the entire series. I loved it. Best onscreen Ghidorah there's ever been. They even worked fucking SEATOPIA in to this thing.

Almost a complete 180 turn from Godzilla 2014. A++, drink some coffee and try it again, you may have lethargy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Godzilla: King of the Monsters. It was...just okay. On par with the first one in almost every respect, including WAAAAY too much emphasis on the stupid human characters, especially during the monster-on-monster battles. It had the potential to be so much better than it was.
    I have a feeling that they are ramping up to replace the Transformers ride at Orlando Universal with a Godzilla ride. All of the parts where the vehicle was around the feet of the monster felt like that transformers ride. They're putting in a Godzilla ride at JP universal, so its on their mind imo.

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    COMPLETELY disagree, I thought it was fantastic. There has never been a Godzilla film without useless human interactions, this one went in a weirdo SUPER SCIENCE direction with 'em and at least tried a bit.

May be the best monster action in the entire series. I loved it. Best onscreen Ghidorah there's ever been. They even worked fucking SEATOPIA in to this thing.

Almost a complete 180 turn from Godzilla 2014. A++, drink some coffee and try it again, you may have lethargy.
    Or maybe you just have really, really low standards?

Actually, I can understand you liking it over 2014 because it doesn't take half the movie for Godzilla to show up, and it was indeed the best Ghidorah by default simply due to technology, making it the first time he wasn't just a silly puppet on wires (as far as I know). And the humans that were here this time weren't nearly as annoying or stupid as the ones in the original (although Charles Dance, who is awesome, was really wasted in his part). And missed a major opportunity by not having Ice Cube Jr. say "Dere's monsters out dere dis big?"

Otherwise, the best monster-on-monster action of the series? Um, no. Yeah, all Godzilla movies have their useless human stuff peppered throughout, but the fights themselves were always extensive and allowed to play out without much interruption. However, there wasn't one sustained battle scene that wasn't cut into pieces by constantly cutting back to what the humans were doing over and over and over and over. And when they DID show the monsters fighting, it was at night and/or in the rain ("Hey, let's have Ghidorah magically generate storms around himself wherever he goes!") and the shaky camera was shoved about 3 feet from the monster's faces the entire time.

Also a bummer was announcing "17 titans" but only showing three made-up ones (like a woolly mammoth?) outside of Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and Ghidorah. I was hoping to see some cameos from other old-school monsters (my girlfriend was on high alert for Hedorah).

Oh, and watching Eleven running around in the last act and magically escaping certain death at least 2,000 times was just ridiculous. At the very least in Kong Vs. Godzilla (for which there was no after-credits teaser? Boo) they should announce that everyone in this movie died of radiation poisoning from the final battle. Geez.

The after-credits scene was disappointing, but if it somehow heralds the coming of Mecha King Ghidorah, I'll live.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Jun 2019 at 01:48 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I have a feeling that they are ramping up to replace the Transformers ride at Orlando Universal with a Godzilla ride. All of the parts where the vehicle was around the feet of the monster felt like that transformers ride. They're putting in a Godzilla ride at JP universal, so its on their mind imo.
    I could totally get behind that.

7. Ready Player One was terrible. Loved the dystopian tech future vibes and Spielberg-esque weirdness. The casting seemed great too. But the video game throwback fanservice kind of ruined the atmosphere. I know pandering to middle aged gamers was the point of the movie so I guess the concept just didn’t click for me.

Hologram and VR technology is still and will forever be lol retarded.

8. I hated most of the VR character designs. I mean, if you could look like anybody in the virtual world why would you make yourself look like these people?

9. I still haven't made it all the way through RP1. It's everything I hate about modern blockbusters.

10. It was very bad! Every "spot the reference!!1!" makes you think of a vastly better movie.

It's a real POP Figure of a movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!