Page 1374 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 136013701372137313741375137613781388 ... LastLast
Results 13,731 to 13,740 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

You're all probably better off. I think I watched it when I was like 5 to 9.

Nightmare fuel.

2. Aside from it being a masterpiece, all the practical effects made me very happy.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. The Young Pope was absolutely amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

4. I went into watching the new Fantastic Four with really low expectations and even those weren't met. What a pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    Aside from it being a masterpiece, all the practical effects made me very happy.
    The thing that got me is that for the most part it still looked really good even by today's standards. The ship's detail was incredible.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    For real?

La La Land was well made, compelling, and I believe a original story.
    That it can't conceive of anything less than the total fulfillment of the characters' wildest creative AND professional dreams isn't going to age well, I don't think. It's certainly no more propagandistic than any other liberal fantasy movie, though. And at least it decouples boy-gets-girl romantic fulfillment from professional and creative fulfillment and lets unresolved and melancholy things happen to people.

I like it a lot.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 17 Jan 2017 at 12:14 AM.

7. Cool. I rank it #3 on Hollywood movies, behind Sunset Boulevard & Mulholland Drive.

I watched Kung Fu Panda 3. It's alright for a kids movie. It's just heavy handed and predictable, even for a kids movie. And Holy Shit is Kung Fu Panda annoying! If my kids watched that and starting acting like Kung Fu Panda, I'd send them to live with Calliander for a month.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 16 Jan 2017 at 10:53 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    It gets better every time I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    It's one of the best movies ever.

So is Aliens but it's totally different.
    I actually like Aliens more but that's not a slight against Alien. I agree with all of the above.

And, to icarusfall's point, practical effects rule.

9. I couldn't rank one of the other, they're such different genres. If I want a horror movie Alien is one of the best, if I want sci fi action then Aliens it is.
    Last edited by bbobb; 17 Jan 2017 at 01:14 PM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Aliens is more accessible. But that doesn't make it "better"