Page 1457 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 144314531455145614571458145914611471 ... LastLast
Results 14,561 to 14,570 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Four episodes in and I like the new season a lot more than I did the first. Seven weird containment narratives (Eleven and Hopper, Max and her brother, Will and Ultros, the vines and the lab, Nancy + Will's brother and the lab, Eleven's mother and the lab, Dart and Dustin) are right about to blow up and clonk into one another. Just a more compelling, organic*, and unified* structure than last time.

*I don't think these things are good per se but the good episodic fiction is almost always** the fiction that avows them.

** Excepting any Twin Peak.

I watched episode 1. It seems like it's trying way too hard. Season 1 felt straight out of the 80s, but 2 seems like it's...I dunno. It has a more modern look to it, but with an all "HEY LOOK AT ALL THESE 80s REFERENCES!!!! TOTALLY 80s!" vibe.

I already hate the new girl. The cinematography is off. Way too many licensed songs compared to the awesome ost from S1. And the awesome non-licensed tracks seems just thrown in there, without the same thought put into them as S1.

Blahhhh. I am sure it'll get better, however.
    I took all your French Toast.

3. I fell asleep sometime in episode 6 while binging. I just woke up to see a punk rock scooby gang in the mystery machine.

4. Also, why does every tv has such shit reception? Do people think it common place for tv in the 80s to be fuzzy and snowy as fuck?

5. Seemed like a 70s set to me. It was up in a deserted cabin, after all.

6. did you miss the “every” part of the post? I’d understand.a tv with crap rabbit ears in the middle of nowhere looking like that, but it’s every tv they show, and they show a lot. It’s one of the annoying Hey Look At All The 80s tropes.

7. I was really upset than Jonathan wasn't full punk or goth this season, but I'll live. he's still my sad sack cutie pie <3
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Bob’s a Burgers.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Season 2 was good, but it's very focused on setting up the next few seasons which hurts it.
    Just finished it, and I don’t feel like this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    my sad sack cutie pie <3
    This needs to be something music related. A band name, song title, a lyric something.