Page 29 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I finally got around to see Hidden Fortress, awesome stuff.

I also watched the Great Mouse Detective for the first time since I was a wee little one. Awesome movie that suffered a bit from such a small budget and thusly lower production values. I'm kind of tempted to make a thread on forgotten Disney Animated features like this one.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. One of my old professors animated some Basil scenes in that flick.

Phil Young is the man.

3. I loved Basil as a kid.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    One of my old professors animated some Basil scenes in that flick.

Phil Young is the man.
    That's pretty freaking awesome!
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Saw There will be blood on friday and as a big PTA fan, i was dissapointed. Jon Brion should have been involved with the score because the music in this movie sucks compared to Magnolia. It was boring for the most part, which isn't suprising considering most of the movie takes place in a couple of shacks in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't a bad movie, just not PTA's greatest.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kinopio View Post
    Saw There will be blood on friday and as a big PTA fan, i was dissapointed. Jon Brion should have been involved with the score because the music in this movie sucks compared to Magnolia. It was boring for the most part, which isn't suprising considering most of the movie takes place in a couple of shacks in the middle of nowhere. It wasn't a bad movie, just not PTA's greatest.

I'm kind of surprised to hear this. Reviews made this sound pretty incredible. Though I did hear the music was too attention drawing. But how was Daniel Day-Lewis?

7. I've heard really good things about There Will Be Blood.

Watched Ronin the other night, great action flick. Heat is next on the list.

8. Friend of mine gave me a bunch of (non Western) Eastwood flicks for Christmas.
    This past week I've watched:
    The Deadpool : On one hand, it probably is what ruined the Dirty Harry franchise, on the other hand, you watch Jim Carey lip synch "Welcome to the Jungle", and it's big car chase scene involves a remote control car. Cheesy, yet satisfying.

Tightrope: Could easily have been a Dirty Harry movie. A bit of overacting from Clint, but some good death scenes, and tits. I recommend it.

Firefox: I used to like this movie when I was younger. Watched about 30 minutes of it and turned it off. Hasn't held up at all.

Tonight I'll watch either Heartbreak Ridge or Thunderbolt and Light foot.

I really wanted the Any Which movies, but instead got shit like Space Cowboys and The Beguiled. ugh.

Also, the kids and I watched Funny Face. My daughter loved it, but I was surprised my son sat through the whole thing. Perhaps he had the same motivation I did. Audrey Hepburn. It was kind of depressing watching Audrey have to suck face with what looked to be a in his late 60's Fred Astaire. Great movie overall, musicals are growing on me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Tonight I'll watch either Heartbreak Ridge or Thunderbolt and Light foot.
    Heartbreak Ridge is pretty awesome until they get to the actual war part, which isnt as good. Other than that, all I have to say is "SWEDE SWEDE SWEDE!"
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

10. Finished season 1 of Dexter. What a fucking magnificant show. Just started season 2. Too scared of the Dexter thread incase theres spoilers lol