Page 1562 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 154815581560156115621563156415661576 ... LastLast
Results 15,611 to 15,620 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I finished Anne With An E. My 70 year old father is who recommended it to me. "It's cute, but I didn't care for the second season much." It didn't take long to see why. The scripts beat you over the head with acceptance of gays pretty hard. It bothered me as well, but for different reasons- obviously. It was still fun and cute though. It made up in sweetness what it lacked in subtlety.

Now I'm watching West Wing. It's pretty good, but much like when I started watching Cheers I'm getting more of a kick out of seeing one off or bit characters portrayed by known actors we know now but who were nobody back in 1999. Nick Offerman, Elizabeth Moss, and Dule Hill stand out so far.

2. what the heck!!!!

we're rewatching Cheers (I think the last time I saw it was in the 90s,) just got to the part where Frasier is introduced. It's funny - I used to despise Diane when I was younger, I thought she was ridiculous and prissy. I didn't know what Sam saw in her. I thought Karla was so cool, and tough!!! Upon rewatch though, it's scary how alike Diane and I are, down to the academic nonsense. Like, my life has played out very similarly in parts and I'm kind of astounded that our general attitude and demeanor is simpatico :/

West Wing is great in parts but I don't have the patience for the whole thing. I respect that it's a great show I will never watch fully.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. I watched about 10 episodes of Cheers S1, and I got the same feels as you on Diane. Hated her when I was a kid but like her as an adult.

4. Diane is crazy cute. Rebecca is loathsome and Miss Piggy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Make a good case for each character resembling a particular muppet, and maybe I'll start watching Cheers.

6. lol it's kind of true, but by default I think it makes Frasier the Count, and this is cracking me up. Sam is Kermit, Oscar is Karla, Norm and Cliff are Big Bird and Snuffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. Extinction on Netflix.

This should be mandatory viewing.

8. Cliff is kind of a Fozzie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Mission Impossible Fallout. Very entertaining. Typically convoluted plot, but enjoyable none the less.

10. Like Father.

erg.
    Netflix sci fi movies have proven to be garbage, so how about a drama/romance/comedy?
    I like Kristin Bell. I've liked Kelsey Grammer in things. I've liked Seth Rogan in things! A good cast can do a lot for a movie!

I always bitch about the manufactured diversity in modern films, so I won't even bring up the perfect mix of a black couple, a gay couple, and an elderly couple filling out the supporting cast. It's entirely possible given the film's plot that all these people would get thrown together. Would they all get along so fabulously? Sure?!

It's the manufactured beats that make this film so awful. I've shared many times that I cry at the drop of a hat. Especially in movies about family. ESPECIALLY in movies about a father/daughter dynamic. I'm suppperrrr guilty about spending too much time at work and not enough time with my kids when they were little and their mom and I were together. So this movie should have had me BAWLING. Nope! Didn't affect me at all. Why? Nothing about it felt authentic! It's the same thing we've seen a million times and it seemed just as bored with itself as I was. Stating that I could predict every moment means as much as saying I can predict that the last thing I'll type in this sentence is a period.

Cute little Kristin Bell using swears all the time should have been a funny gag, but it was so heavy handed and forced that the gimmick was stripped of all possible charm.