Page 1584 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 157015801582158315841585158615881598 ... LastLast
Results 15,831 to 15,840 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I've tried watching it 3 different times. Can't get further than 20 minutes in before I'm backing out to watch something good instead.

2. Pacific Rim Uprising is an uninspiring movie that feels like a 3 hour slog for a run time of about half that. I regret watching this garbage.

3. Franchise killer. The first one was really good I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I liked the first one too. My problem with Uprising is that it didn't advance anything. It could have been a two-part episode of an animated series as an aside from the main plot. (Side note: Voltron just finished its run and was pretty great.)

5. They tried so hard to make it a franchise, that's the problem.

6. I knew there would be problems when Del Toro didn't return as director. Besides, the ending of the first movie completely tied everything up and really left no room for a sequel. The only place they could go was "the same bad guys attack again," which they did.

In addition to feeling completely unnecessary, the mech design was really uninspired and the action scenes went full-on anime style, ignoring the passing attempt at realism the original movie made.

Making Charlie fucking Day the main villain of the sequel didn't help, nor did casting Scott Eastwood, who apparently inherited absolutely none of his father's charisma.

7. It really was a one-and-done situation.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Making Charlie fucking Day the main villain of the sequel didn't help, nor did casting Scott Eastwood, who apparently inherited absolutely none of his father's charisma.
    Eastwood doesn't have much to work with.... I keep thinking he would make a good Wolverine if they reboot it.

9. He has the charisma of Big Lots furniture.

10. For those not in chat:

Peter Jackson’s WW1 documentary, They Shall Not Grow Old. Really interesting restoration techniques used, which Jackson goes into depth about in the accompanying documentary about the documentary. Loved seeing the texture of things come to life - the clothing, machinery, stuff like that. Some of the human aspects were a tad uncanny valley for me and ended up being a bit like watching old footage without my glasses on. But, overall worth the watch.

I was a tad disappointed that certain elements weren’t included, like the footage of women factory workers, nurses, and some of the soldier factions that weren’t typical Brits (I guess they restored some really neat film that included Chinese and black soldiers, stuff you don’t usually get to see in a film.) the story told was fairly uneventful, no new info presented really. But with that said the good outweighed the disappointing, and certainly its worth watching when it gets to Netflix or amazon or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread