Page 1528 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 151415241526152715281529153015321542 ... LastLast
Results 15,271 to 15,280 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Finished watching Phase 2 of MCU with my daughter, it is definitely much better to binge watch these than individually. The weakest movie is Thor the Dark World followed by Ironman 3. Thor 2 is such a mess, I am glad Thor 3 recovered from that garbage. I originally didn't like The Winter Soldier for some reason, but rewatching it completely changed my mind. It is probably my favorite of phase 2. I haven't watched Ant Man until now, and it surprised me. I thought it would be stupid which is why I never bothered with it.

Onto Phase 3.
    I'm in the middle of this too. It's easier to take in the bad movies knowing that good ones are right around the corner. Iron Man 3 was a little better than I remember, Dark World is still pretty meh, but I don't mind as much because of Ragnarok.

Fuck, I didn't realize Infinity War was this weekend, I need to step up my game if I'm going to finish these. If I watch one movie a night and skip the ones I've seen recently (Most of Phase 3) then I can make it. But that also means I gotta watch Ultron tomorrow. At least everything on the list now except for Ultron is excellent.

Btw KOF if you're watching these on bluray make sure you watch the Marvel One Shots in the special features. None of them are essential but they are pretty entertaining. The one on Thor 2 had the "Mandarin" in prison running the place after Iron Man 3. It was far more interesting than the movie.

3. Ultron isn't as bad 2nd time around, maybe because my expectation is lowered.

I suggest not watching trailers for and going in expecting nothing. It’s what I do and I enjoy the shit out of these superhero flicks.

Yeah I've been ignoring trailers for Infinity War since I know I'm going to see it anyway. Watching the old ones is (at least) the second time around for me as I've seen everything already except for Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

6. Yesterday I watched The Great Wall and Warcraft.
    Great Wall was pretty much garbage as expected. I love when Americans try to adopt a foriegn accent but at some point during filming say fuck it and use their regular speech.

Warcraft wasnt nearly as bad as I was expecting. Kinda liked it even! I had no idea who was in it, so it was funny to keep being like “hey that dude’s from Preacher! That voice is from badlands! That’s the dude from Vikings! That chick is from Preacher! That’s Clancy Brown!” It’s like a who’s who of recentt tv shows and old actors. It sucks that this was basically a pilot episode for an extended series. Trying to pack so much info into it definitely came at the cost of character development and cohesive story. I’d watch a sequel.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Btw KOF if you're watching these on bluray make sure you watch the Marvel One Shots in the special features. None of them are essential but they are pretty entertaining. The one on Thor 2 had the "Mandarin" in prison running the place after Iron Man 3. It was far more interesting than the movie.
    Thanks, I will YT these, heh.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    no one needs guns, come on drew.
    This is the underlying tone and I think it has the opposite effect they’re intending: that the characters make impractical choices that lead to preventable bad outcomes. There’s a scene in the episode I just finished watching that saw the team harvesting resources from some animals cavern. They were all holding make shift spears. Umm you have a replicator capable of producing guns and no one thought bringing one or two could come in handy? Haaa

You can tell whoever wrote this has no practical experience in the wilderness.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 24 Apr 2018 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Observe and Report has probably the best ending sequence ever. The music and visuals compliment each other perfectly.

On the downside, it probably helped pave the way for every piece of media released between 2010 and 2014 having some version of Where Is My Mind playing in it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    You can tell whoever wrote this has no practical experience in the wilderness.
    This is most people that don't like guns.