Page 1535 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 152115311533153415351536153715391549 ... LastLast
Results 15,341 to 15,350 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Everything in Wakanda was retarded. They have fucking city shields but no large cannons, tanks or aircraft? Everyone's going to line up like LOTR? They have laser spears? What is this shit? Girl is smarter than bannon and stark but the solders don't have their own iron man suits? The fucking junk city in Ragnarok had more aircraft and weapons and shit. Wtf.
    Wakanda appears to have a very long history of defense. And the shield fits into that, as do the defensive shields the soldiers carry. You don't need cannons if nothing can break your shield. As for the suits, well, gotta keep the king in power yes? Also I think you mean Banner not Bannon. Unless you mean Steve Bannon.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Who is to say. But this is the timeline we have.

But man, a world without 911 because Russia never went into Afghanistan. A world without the coldwar. No Berlin wall.

But who is to say we wouldn't have had the same problems we have now in the middle east, but in Russia, if we'd gone in and removed the toxic Russian government of that time?
    You are completely ignoring the machine that the Red Army was at that point. As good as Patton and the US army was at that time, the Soviets had their own war winning General, and a completely modern army backing them up at that point. And like I said before, the nukes weren't exactly rolling off an assembly line. And with the spies in the Manhatten project the Soviets probably knew it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    The slapping thing happened and he was put on the sidelines, but it was well before the invasion of Normandy, in Italy.
    They pretty much put him on the sidelines and used him as a decoy for the invasion of Normandy with his ghost army.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    You are completely ignoring the machine that the Red Army was at that point.
    The modern narrative is that the red army was tired and ragged and over worked and under supplied and moving on pure strength of will.

Or at least, that is how everyone explains away why Russia, in the final months of the war raped a path across Europe, including their own women in the Russian country side.

So, which is it? They were a powerful modern war machine in 1945, staffed by rapist and pedophiles, or a ragged bunch pushed so far that they could no longer make moral decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Loki's character develop across the franchise is a mess and makes no sense.
    He does is whatever benefits him the most in the moment.

edit: Pretty unlikely that Thanos was gonna keep him around much longer anyway. I'm re-watching (almost) all the movies again, because I am burdened with glorious purpose. I'll pay extra attention to Loki this time around.
    Last edited by Josh; 21 May 2018 at 12:15 PM.

I'm with Josh here. Loki is a selfish bastard that will do whatever benefits him the most, but deep down he also does love Thor. They touch on this a bit in Ragnarok about how sometimes they are allies, sometimes they are enemies and fighting, but Thor will always be Thor while Loki will always be Loki, and they will always be brothers even if they happen to be trying to kill each other at any given time. Loki does genuinely grieve in his own way for the death of both Odin and his mother, but of course he ultimately uses both to further his agenda at the time.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The modern narrative is that the red army was tired and ragged and over worked and under supplied and moving on pure strength of will.

Or at least, that is how everyone explains away why Russia, in the final months of the war raped a path across Europe, including their own women in the Russian country side.

So, which is it? They were a powerful modern war machine in 1945, staffed by rapist and pedophiles, or a ragged bunch pushed so far that they could no longer make moral decisions?
    I have to disagree with your premise that not allowing Russia to take Berlin would have stopped the cold war though. As soon as FDR died the cold war was going to happen. FDR had a good relationship with Stalin but Truman was full on antagonistic. It didn't matter Russia took Berlin or not, they were still going to be a power and Truman was going to start a fight with them no matter what.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post

The narrative was that their military was caught of guard by the German offensive, and if not for the harsh winters and the distance the Germans had to travel, Russia might have been defeated. Russia retooled their tank division and industry in a short period of time, and had a larger military than Germany. That's why they were able to push the German forces back. Russia also had 14 million reserve military members that they could bring back into service, if they needed them.
    Last edited by gamevet; 21 May 2018 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I have to disagree with your premise that not allowing Russia to take Berlin would have stopped the cold war though. As soon as FDR died the cold war was going to happen. FDR had a good relationship with Stalin but Truman was full on antagonistic. It didn't matter Russia took Berlin or not, they were still going to be a power and Truman was going to start a fight with them no matter what.
    That wasn't my premise. I wasn't arguing different degrees of US involvement, but that the war was not winnable for Russia without the support of the US, thus making the US part of the victory. Russia paid the highest price in blood, but wars are not won with blood, no matter how romantic the idea is to old men and little boys.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    The narrative was that their military was caught of guard by the German offensive, and if not for the harsh winters and the distance the Germans had to travel, Russia might have been defeated. Russia retooled their tank division and industry in a short period of time, and had a larger military than Germany. That's why they were able to push the German forces back. Russia also had 14 million reserve military members that they could bring back into service, if they needed them.
    oh, so they were willful and deliberate rapist and pedophiles. I gotcha.