Page 14 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I picked up the Fletch "Jane Doe" edition and watched it last night.
    Even after all these years, that is still one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.

It almost makes me cry when I think about how some of these guys (Chevy Chase, Eddie Murphy, et al) once upon a time put out some truly great stuff, and now just suck.

2. How do you like Fletch Lives? I always felt it was like a shitty stepchild until a couple years ago. Now I actually prefer it.

3. The Joy Luck Club was great.

Heat sucked.

Leon/The Professional was fantastic.

American Psycho was pretty gay.

4. Quote Originally Posted by PaCrappa View Post
    How do you like Fletch Lives? I always felt it was like a shitty stepchild until a couple years ago. Now I actually prefer it.
    I haven't watched it in quite some time, but when I remember laughing quite a bit, but feeling it wasn't as good as the first one.

I'd definitely take it over some of Chase's later movies though.

5. I hate you Compass.

6. But it's the love kind of hate.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    But... but... you mean that in the good way, right? Right?

8. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    I just saw "The Joy Luck Club"
    Do you mind me asking why you had to watch Joy Luck Club for class? Seems like a weird choice to me. From a technical point of view, it's not that great a movie and from a historical point of view, there are a lot of better movies covering similar territory. Why'd your professor pick this one?

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    T-1,000,000!
    That thing was fucking sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Grave View Post
    And the only home 3D version was apparently on VHD. Irritating. I want to see it in 3D someday.
    There's a movie theater in North Carolina that shows it in 3D every year, red and blue glasses and everything. I forget the name of the theater or the town but if you live near or in that state and do a little research on the web, you'll find it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Heat sucked.
    Massive fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Extreme fail.

Saw Beowulf 3D over the weekend. It was ok. Probably going to have an I Am Legend IMAX, Sweeny Todd double feature over the weekend. Also: '78 Dawn of the Dead theatrical screening.

And the wife actually wants to see AVP:R. Go figure.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.