Page 1564 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 155015601562156315641565156615681578 ... LastLast
Results 15,631 to 15,640 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Is that nonsense, or did a shill just drop their favorite two random Chinese movies?

2. I’m screaming over here that is the best post TNL has ever seen
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. It's up there with the one in your sig. I think that one is my fav though.

4. Oh yeah that’s one of my favs too!!!!

5. Oh, De Palma’s Body Double is the best movie I’ve ever seen.

6. Finally saw The Love Witch, which has been on my list for a while. I'm trying to get more comfortable with movies that seem to be presenting an argument I don't get. This was good practice.

It's a pastiche of schlocky '60s romance movies and sharp '70s horror/comedies/ polemics like Rosemary's Baby and Stepford Wives. It plays around with "women's sexuality is the real monster" and "women's victimhood is the real monster," negating both, which leaves it, after all the negation, with... I'm not sure exactly? What is it positing as an alternative? I don't know! And I think that's okay. I'll watch it again for style and alone. Look at this thing.

7. is it on a streaming service?

8. I've heard of that, but never ended up seeing it. Those images are promising!

This might be a great time for me to dive into the Dario Argento kinda stuff. And that Pasolini set over there.

9. My favorite genre. I'm a pretty serious buff about it.

I've even seen some subtitled shit.

10. It's on Prime and Kanopy, which is a wonderful thing your local public university or library likely provides and which I'm mad nobody told me about earlier.

Here's the Kanopy link http://www.kanopy.com/wayf . I see Rochester Institute of Technology and Rochester Public Library in here. Get some library cards and use this, y'all. There's a ton of Criterion, classic, and weird stuff. It's even compatible with Chromecast.

It's not (just) because I like to look at Samantha Robinson's character that nearly every shot I posted is a closeup of her; that's where the movie hangs out. Nearly the entire story is told from the witch's perspective.