Page 1608 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 159416041606160716081609161016121622 ... LastLast
Results 16,071 to 16,080 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Episode 2 of Creepshow was...a little better than the lackluster first one? The first segment ("Bad Wolf Down"), which is a werewolf story set in Nazi-occupied France during WW2 (and starring the awesome Jeffrey Combs hamming it up as the villain) was actually pretty good and had a lot of the humor and presentation that you would associate with the original 1982 movie. It wasn't great or anything, but it was probably the best segment thus far and, unlike the others, actually fit with the Creepshow aesthetic the most.

The second segment ("The Finger") had an interesting premise but completely sucked in execution. It's not as worthless as the first segment of episode 1 was, but it's a close second. The humor was forced and not funny, and the fourth-wall breaking main character was just annoying and unlikable. Bob, the little murderous creature that the "finger" eventually grows into was cool, however, but I would have liked to have seen him in a better short than this.

So far, Creepshow overall is kinda eh. It seems that each episode so far contains one decent segment counter-balanced by one crap one. It's like the people making it have never seen the 1982 film and were just given a checklist of things that they needed to include...a checklist that they sometimes don't even bother to look at.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Well, Episode 3 of Creepshow continues the trend of having one completely bland and shitty segment ("All Hallows Eve"), and one solid-to-good one ("The Man in the Suitcase"), but with a really shitty ending.

Absolutely zero gore in either segment, either.

Halfway through the season now, and so far Creepshow is turning out to be one of the most boring and underwhelming horror anthology shows ever made; I have no hope at this point that the show will get any better based on the first three episodes. But considering the fact that Greg Nicotero is behind it - the guy that basically drove The Walking Dead into the ground the last few seasons - I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 14 Oct 2019 at 09:30 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. If you're on Shudder, take a look at One Cut of the Dead! It's a silly Japanese zombie movie that's also a love letter to the film-making process.
    Last edited by Dunlap; 15 Oct 2019 at 04:15 PM.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. Is it a one cut movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Yeah, it was a fun little movie. I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Is it a one cut movie?
    Yeah, but not the entire movie, as there's a flashback sequence.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 16 Oct 2019 at 07:23 AM.

6. So for anyone not watching Righteous Gemstones, do yourself a favor and watch it. It’s great.

I haven’t talked about TV in awhile so here we go:

The Deuce is absolutely one of the greatest shows of the past decade. It’s the closest show of Simon’s to The Wire, and it’s ending just as depressingly. It’s not really a Twitter or discourse fav so I imagine some media moron will make allusion to it 2 years from now and everyone will go OMGGGG THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD.

Succession is, as someone described it on Twitter, a serious Arrested Development. They are right and it’s delightful though not terribly deep (there was one part in one episode that was, but it’s very face value.) entertaining af.

This should probably go in the Robot thread but Mr. Robot is super depressing now and since it was gone for two years I have no idea what’s going on. It’s good, but I don’t remember anything of what was up and it kind of took some magic out of it.

Netflix is 100% pure trash. I don’t think there’s a single thing I attempted to watch in the past 3 months that even remotely held my attention. I’ll probably get rid of my subscription shortly.

I tried to watch The Good Place and was so disgusted by the sugary sweetness of it that I retched. Both this and Pushing Daisies appeal to a very specific type of person and i am specifically not that person.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. what the fork with your bad takes today?!

8. Do you seriously like that shit-tier Target mom show?

9. Good Place is a good show. You have to look past the SJW DIVERSITY casting,but it's subversive as hell.

10. I dunnnnnnno. I mean, I could see how if I hang with it, eventually we’ll get to meet a cool devil or something, but in the meantime it seems a little too “Awww shucks” for me.