Page 1529 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 151515251527152815291530153115331543 ... LastLast
Results 15,281 to 15,290 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Observe and Report has probably the best ending sequence ever. The music and visuals compliment each other perfectly.

On the downside, it probably helped pave the way for every piece of media released between 2010 and 2014 having some version of Where Is My Mind playing in it somewhere.
    Nah, that started with fight club.

And Observe and Report is by far an under appreciated film. Every just thinks of that Paul Blart shit.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    This is most people that don't like guns.
    Fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It sucks that this was basically a pilot episode for an extended series. Trying to pack so much info into it definitely came at the cost of character development and cohesive story. I’d watch a sequel.
    It's basically the plot of the first game.

4. Fight Club was the first movie of note to use it, but it wasnt until the time frame I noted that the song started being everywhere.

I FFed through the entire season of Lost in Space. It's not great, and feels like ever other netflix drama ever. Too long, too slow, too boring. They can make these a lot shorter.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Blame the binge phenomenon.
    For better or worse, tv that was had to fight every week to draw in your attention and keep it. Of course not every episode was a winner, but the quality had to be sort of consistent or it would drop viewers and die.
    How many of us have started to binge a show and then just kept with it because we're this far into it, may as well zone out and finish it?
    I also think a lot of the better TV shows had a huge story to tell and had to figure out how to cram it into 44 minute long chapters, where most netflix shows fell like they have a two hour story that they then have to pad out to 8-10 hour long episodes.

7. Or there was no overall story at all, we were just getting 44 minute long glimpses into random days of their lives. I kind of miss that form of narrative. Maybe that's another reason why Roseanne is doing well. People are getting tired of season or series long plot lines. You shouldn't have to marry a show to get enjoyment from a single episode.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It’s not as good without Bachmann. TJ Miller is an irl piece of shit, but he really added a lot to the show. It’s still funny and stuff but it’s missing a little bit.
    I don't miss him at all. Jian Yang is savage.

9. Netflix shows would almost universally be better as six episode runs. The middle is just useless filibustering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I don't miss him at all. Jian Yang is savage.
    I’m with you. He was just a tired one note joke.