Page 13 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Gozu: Terrible in most every respect as expected, I also feel this is quite possibly Takashi Miike's magnum opus in its sheer glorious ridiculousness. Unlike the somber joke that is DOA with its magnificent punchline, this entertained for the entire time due to random shit like ceiling milk and the hermaphrotaur. There were at least three times during the final half hour when I kept expecting it to end (mostly just because it would be sudden yet perfect), but each time it moved on to something more bizarre and fantastic. Alcohol was involved in our watching but I only regret that I let it sit on my shelf for over a year before finally seeing it.

Oldboy: While they definitely appear to find themselves far more clever than they actually are, the swift pacing, good timing, and solid cinematography had me enjoying this throughout. While the buildup led to truth that was ridiculous in ways that did not appear intentional, I felt this was more interesting than it otherwise would've been due to the aforementioned reasons.

Sitting next to my TV awaiting their first times to me: Heat, Amadeus (haven't seen in like 20 years), Elizabeth, Leon the Professional, and American Psycho.

2. I love Amadeus. One of my favorite movies. And Heat has such bad ass bad assedness in it.

3. Heat is the best movie. Watch it now.

4. Heat is #1. The robbery scene alone puts it over the top of most movies in the genre, and the acting throughout is fantastic. Great call.

5. I watched it again this morning. Even without The Scene, this is a great movie. With The Scene, it's fucking fantastic. That scene is one of the greatest things put to celluloid ever.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Watched kiss of the dragon, got it mainly because it was one of the few action movies I didn't own on blu-ray. Not bad, it really just felt like everyone was going through the motions. The fight with the two blonde guys at the end was nifty though.
    This is one of the the few movies I've fallen asleep to while watching it in the theatre.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Leon the Professional
    This movie's fantastic. Jean Reno & Gary Oldman > you, and Natalie Portman was actually cute back then.

American Psycho.
    You read the book? It's a very well-done adaptation - it increased the book's humor while downplaying its graphic content, and in some ways, I prefer the film. I went in expecting to be disappointed, and came away quite impressed. This put Christian Bale on the modern acting map.

I need to watch Gozu. It comes on cable late every once in a while.

I watched Beverly Hills Cop I & II over the last couple of days. Ah, the good ol 80s....so innocent. Eddie Murphy rocked back then. It was kind of weird seeing a Tony Scott film with a "normal" camera.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

8. I wanna go watch Point of No Return and then La Femme Nikita back to back.

9. I just saw "The Joy Luck Club"

This comes a good second as the most bleeding vagina movie ive been required to watch for class, coming second to Vagina Monologues (damn you HUSR 300)
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

10. Watched Planet Terror last night. Best movie ever.