Page 1139 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 112511351137113811391140114111431153 ... LastLast
Results 11,381 to 11,390 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I think it's the same thing.. Maybe?
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

2. It's from the new bluray set which includes the movie too.

3. I'm watching The Expendables 3 right now. So far, this movie is fucking horrible.

4. Expendables 3 remained pretty horrible until the big fight at the end, which was actually very cool. Lots of (bloodless PG-13) death. Stallone and Statham need to retire, as both their acts are so played out it's not even funny. Wesley Snipes is still awesome, however. I could totally see him pulling off another Blade movie if he wanted. Antonio Banderas (who actually kinda stole the movie) and Arnold were a lot of fun, too, but overall there were way too many characters to keep track of and all the new young Expendables were insanely generic and one-dimensional (even for a movie like this, which is saying something).

Stallone's fight with Mel Gibson was actually shorter and even more one-sided than his lame fight with Van Damme in the last movie. Fuck, Sly is such an egomaniac.

Overall a shitty, boring movie with a good (actually, almost great) battle at the end. Expendables 2 was 10,000x better.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 21 Aug 2014 at 09:59 AM.

5. This makes me so incredibly sad. I was really looking forward to more silly insanity. Oh, well.

6. That was part of the problem. They dropped the "silly" aspect of the second movie and tried to go back to the slightly more "realistic" tone of the first (although some goofy stuff did happen in the big battle at the end). As a result, E3 just wasn't very much fun.

Plus there's this stupid plot point where Sly gets worried about his team of old-timers eventually getting killed in battle (despite having survived hundreds of them), so he fires them all (essentially telling them that they're old and they suck, which is funny 'cause he's the oldest) and hires a new crew of youngsters instead, which pisses all the old guys off and really makes Sly look like a disloyal asshole. Yet, of course, the old team comes to save the day at the end (without having been begged or even apologized to by Stallone, thus looking like chumps). This isn't a spoiler, BTW, anyone with a brain and a heartbeat could see it coming.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 21 Aug 2014 at 10:02 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Statham need to retire
    Not until I get Crank 3.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    Not until I get Crank 3.
    I actually agree. They're the only films where he plays anything even remotely different from the same boring-ass character he plays in every single movie he's ever made.

9. I somehow ended up watching pieces of Expendables 3. All I remember is there was an exchange on a boat that was hilariously bad, but I can't even remember what it was. One of the guys insults Stalone and he retorts with a NO YOU and everyone else start whooping like "sick burn, bro!"

Can you recite that part, Dole?

10. Oh, geez...let me think for a sec.

I'm not 100% sure I remember the scene you're talking about (it's like right there, but I must be blocking it out), but I do remember on the boat early on when Terry Crews was bragging about his minigun and Dolph pointed out that at the speed it burns through ammo it would only fire for 10 seconds and Terry was like, "oh, you got that problem too?" You know, meaning that he's a 10-second king in the bedroom or something. Ha ha.