Page 1166 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 115211621164116511661167116811701180 ... LastLast
Results 11,651 to 11,660 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. I saw Guardians of the Galaxy. It was really good! My only gripe is that blue guy's plight was tough to invest emotionally in. He only tells us that green lady's father killed his family. A scene that showed him arrested and thrown in jail for trying to exact revenge in some way (do we even learn why he was in there?) would have helped, I think. Rocket is undercooked, too. He mentions being rebuilt and put back together, but never having read the comic, I didn't get anything out of that; I don't know what his gripe with the universe is.

But it's a two hour movie with a million characters--I understand that they can't develop everyone's back stories.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 20 Dec 2014 at 03:16 PM.

2. Sequel-fodder, I bet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    He mentions being rebuilt and put back together, but never having read the comic, I didn't get anything out of that; I don't know what his gripe with the universe is.
    I thought he said more than that. He was abducted and used as a lab raccoon. Fuck animal testing is his basic attitude.

4. I saw the newest Home Alone movie. Not bad. Lots of homage to the Wet Bandits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1419139454194.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	742.4 KB 
ID:	75728  

lol

I saw Gone Girl. I didn't know it was a dark comedy! I liked it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Just saw The Guest.

Goddamn that movie was fantastic. Dan Stevens is my new favorite actor.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Man Bites Dog at a little art theater near me. Pretty funny movie with some really fucked up violence that could still be considered shocking today even through it was made in 1992. However, it has some pacing issues and would have been a better film overall if maybe 10-15 minutes were cut out.

Overall a pretty decent flick.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Her.

I really liked this movie. I had been putting off watching it for quite some time, because I thought it was going to be dumb. Instead it's a tender, well written, and very well acted story about where I believe we, as a species, will end up. If our preferred interaction with the world is through a computer (and for an increasing number of people it is) then I don't think falling in love with an AI is any weirder than falling in love with a person.

I'm glad I saw it, even if it was just for that realization.

Yeah, I thought it was a great movie, too.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Yea, Her is great.