Page 1510 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 149615061508150915101511151215141524 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,100 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

Daria was like that. The first season or two was about poking fun at the 90s. Then it became a drama in the later seasons.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I’d say it starts to get better in season two before that, but yeah Rob Lowe and Adam Scott were the final pieces to get everything to click perfectly
    I agree—season 2 was better than season 1 generally speaking. Something changed when Ben and Chris showed up, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Burned through End of the Fucking World last night. Pretty good.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. i loved it. i loved it sooo much! I think it could probably end where it ended.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Mute.

Yawn.

Saw the names attached and had Hiiiiigggghhhhhh Hopes.
    Nope.
    Guess Duncan Jones had only 1 1/2 good movies in him. Which is 1 1/2 more than most people, but still.
    Red Letter Media's prediction has come true. Netflix is the new direct to video in the worst sense of the concept. It's too bad.

6. Moon was damn solid, I wonder what happened to that director.

Watched the new live action Full Metal Alchemist movie. I'm not sure who it's for. There's too much exposition for it to be for the diehard fans of that show, but it completely relies on having detailed knowledge of the world going in. They don't explain *shit* about any of the setting or rules of that world. The wigs, of course, are terrible.

Going through Genesis Climber Mospeada on Amazon Prime, it's a fun show. Everything that got chopped up in to Robotech (Macross, Southern Cross, Mospeada) is just free on Amazon now, it's weird having the rights to that stuff completely resolved and the shows are just out there to watch.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 23 Feb 2018 at 05:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. I've got this character. He's kinda always on edge. A very prickly personality. I'll name him...Cactus.

8. I wonder if that's more of a sign that the people putting up the money for these things are really simple, or if it's flat out contempt for the audience. So many screenplays do similar things. Hey let's call the hero Hiro! That should be right on the nose enough.

9. Given the recent chat conversation, perhaps they do it out of perceived necessity.

Doing a half second of research, it appears Duncan Jones has been shopping this script around for 15 frickin' years.
    I know there's the one in a million story where a creator had a great idea that just kept getting shot down over and over again until finally someone saw the genius in it and green lit the project and it became a massive hit.
    But that also means there were 999,999 pieces of shit floating around that were justifiably aborted. Mute was one of them.

edit: phew, no one caught that slight math error...
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 23 Feb 2018 at 07:13 PM.

10. The MST3K movie trailer had a nice line, "Every year Hollywood makes hundreds of movies. This... is one of them."