Page 1551 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 153715471549155015511552155315551565 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,510 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    fuel? we're worried about fuel in Star Wars now?
    I agree with you on the Luke stuff. I didn't like that they killed him off but I agree with you on what they did with him.

Having said that, excuse me while I nerd out. This is twice you've said this about fuel in Star Wars. At least I think it is. You said it in another thread. I feel I have to correct you.

Yes they care about fuel in Star Wars. They always have. Watch the beginning of the attack on the Death Star, Just before the X-Wings are taking off. Half of them have hoses attached and detached during the scenes in the background. There are other examples in the other movies. Hell Lando operates a mining facilty on Bespin to mine fuel in Empire. That's why its a cloud city, it's mining gas from the atmosphere of Bespin. TLJ isn't even the first example of larger ships having fuel supplies. Attack of the Clones has a shot during the big battle where the Clones fire missiles into "the fuel cells" of some Droid landing ships on Anakin's order.

You're just not paying enough attention. Hand in your nerd card.

Unless you're saying that it's just never been a main plot point, then sure. I suppose.

2. It's a dumb idea! Spaceship bombers that only work when they're in microgravity.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. I know nerds hate the warp-speed scene, too, but I love it because it was super cool.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    4:20.
    That explains it.

5. When harry met Sally. Princess Leila’s character was grating, but I generally enjoyed billy crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    I agree with you on the Luke stuff. I didn't like that they killed him off but I agree with you on what they did with him.

Having said that, excuse me while I nerd out. This is twice you've said this about fuel in Star Wars. At least I think it is. You said it in another thread. I feel I have to correct you.

Yes they care about fuel in Star Wars. They always have. Watch the beginning of the attack on the Death Star, Just before the X-Wings are taking off. Half of them have hoses attached and detached during the scenes in the background. There are other examples in the other movies. Hell Lando operates a mining facilty on Bespin to mine fuel in Empire. That's why its a cloud city, it's mining gas from the atmosphere of Bespin. TLJ isn't even the first example of larger ships having fuel supplies. Attack of the Clones has a shot during the big battle where the Clones fire missiles into "the fuel cells" of some Droid landing ships on Anakin's order.

You're just not paying enough attention. Hand in your nerd card.

Unless you're saying that it's just never been a main plot point, then sure. I suppose.
    I am saying it has never, ever been a plot point of any measure, and I don't think I'm wrong. The finite nature of any fuel has only come up in TLJ and Solo, which probably shared a white board with Rogue One at some point (hyperspace tracking).
    Last edited by YellerDog; 11 Jul 2018 at 11:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. w. Kamau Bell's Netflix gig is phenomenal. His bit on "but I don't think Trump's a racist..." was one of the funniest sustained freak-outs I've seen in awhile. When he said "I have hundreds of these!" at the end of the bit I actually didn't doubt it. Terrific. It's called Private School Negro I think. I recommend checking it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

ALABAMA

I watched it a bit ago. It was really good.

For everyone who thinks The Last Jedi was bad and the character decisions don't make sense, a read for you:
    http://observer.com/2018/07/film-cri...-of-star-wars/

I think the biggest problem is since TFA had no character development they crunched a full arc for like a million characters into one movie.

The TLDR of this article is that all the characters had well written arcs that make sense but none of them fulfill male power fantasies which is why there's so much blowback. I'd still read the article though, at some point he will likely address exactly why you didn't like the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I have more problems with the terrible characters making dumb and terrible mistakes (on both sides). Since Kylo is now the new emperor, and he is dumb as a rock, the resistance should just hide out in all of 9 and let the empire crumble due to incompetency and idiocy.
    Kylo is still my favorite character in the series.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 13 Jul 2018 at 01:20 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

This is a pretty good collection of back and forth on TLJ as well. https://twitter.com/i/moments/971880052664057856
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.