Page 1440 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 142614361438143914401441144214441454 ... LastLast
Results 14,391 to 14,400 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Saw Mother! I know it's getting a lot of backlash, but I tried to avoid knowing anything specific about it or the plot.

I loved it. Girlfriend did too. It isn't the spooky haunted house movie the trailer might lead you to think. It's a David Lynchian nightmare about the quiet abuse of marginalization perpetrated on women, that slowly spirals into complete insanity. There's some very disturbing/shocking stuff in it. It's not a scary movie but it is horrifying in its own way. It's dense with surreal imagery and symbolism, and some people seem hell-bent on reading it as a religious allegory, but it worked for me on the more obvious level of commentary on societal disempowerment of women in traditional family roles.

2. I really want to check it out.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Seemed weird that Louie would do that.
    maybe it's all meta, and making fun of tv.

4. Usually the take is more important than the continuity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. I watched the new Seinfeld special on Netflix. I was hoping it was going to be more documentary than standup, but it's the opposite. Seinfeld is interesting. His standup is largely not funny, but he's very compelling as a performer.

Also Baby Driver. This was fun but gets pretty stupid at the end. I enjoyed how they set almost the entire film to music. The success of that ebbs and flows but overall added quite a bit. Lily James was pretty impressive, and she looks so much like a young Mädchen Amick. Like a little too much. She seems to be stuck doing mostly historical drama stuff.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    some people seem hell-bent on reading it as a religious allegory
    They do that because Aronofsky and Lawrence have said that's what it is.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Reactions I’ve seen say that characters and scenes are very blatantly Biblical, hard to even call it allegory, but I haven’t watched it yet.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

8. I mean you'd have to be blind to not get the biblical stuff.

Now I would argue there's a bit more to it then that, but the biblical stuff is pretty in your face. I don't get how frog thinks any level is more obvious.
    Last edited by bbobb; 23 Sep 2017 at 02:24 AM.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

isn't frog jewish?

10. I hadnt heard of this movie until Frog mentioned it, and then on the same day Red Letter Media reviewed it on Half in the Bag. From what they showed, the bibical references were about as subtle as a slap across the face with a fresh tuna. Also, I've come to decide that Aronofoskyvich has no clothes.