Page 1495 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 148114911493149414951496149714991509 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,950 of 16256

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    PLEASE GO WATCH THE MEASURE OF A MAN
    yes, i'm going to be mentioning that one is discussion too! he told us to watch First Contact but fuck that, measure of a man is more on topic than FC is.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Non-ending one liners and poorly timed humor?
    It's like the 80s all over again!

3. The Gilbert Gottfried Documentary is on Hulu.

It's hilarious and very touching. Informative as well! Had no idea about the artistry of his sister. You can look at some of her photos (don't click if at work) here. http://www.arlenegottfried.com/ There are some really powerful images there.

My favorite part is when Gilbert is at a hotel lounge doing a show and there happens to be a cosplay convention for historical warfare nerds going on. A dude in a German uniform tells Gilbert a hack Micheal Jackson joke and Gilbert says, "It's not the worst thing the Nazis have done."

Excellent doc that cracks the shell of a hilarious dude known for keeping the "real" him well hidden.

4. The Last Man on Earth. I watched a couple of episodes last night after a pretty amazing first episode of Will Forte wasting time and doing a bunch of neat Last Man-type stuff. I like how much abundance society has left them. As soon as other people show up he becomes unbearably one-note in his comedy routine it the show gets pretty boring. I'm told it "gets better". I don't have a lot of faith in Will Forte. Parks and Rec turned it around in season 2 pretty hard so maybe. But they had Poehler, Plaza, and Ansari going for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The Gilbert Gottfried Documentary is on Hulu.

It's hilarious and very touching. Informative as well! Had no idea about the artistry of his sister. You can look at some of her photos (don't click if at work) here. http://www.arlenegottfried.com/ There are some really powerful images there.

My favorite part is when Gilbert is at a hotel lounge doing a show and there happens to be a cosplay convention for historical warfare nerds going on. A dude in a German uniform tells Gilbert a hack Micheal Jackson joke and Gilbert says, "It's not the worst thing the Nazis have done."

Excellent doc that cracks the shell of a hilarious dude known for keeping the "real" him well hidden.
    Do they ever show him talking in his normal voice? Apparently he's been doing a character for 30 or 40 years.

Apparently?

Oh dang the bomb dropped on discovery. I thought it was awkwardly done.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

8. If only there was a star trek thread dedicated to talking about it...

9. The Incredibles. I don't think I had ever seen the whole thing before yesterday. I think this is one of the best movies of the 21st century and is without a doubt my favorite superhero movie. The way everyone's power is tied to their personality is brilliant. That's also what makes Final Fantasy IV the best Final Fantasy and one of the only videogames I'm not embarrassed to have on the TV when my wife is around. Violet learning how to do The Bubble is Rydia learning Fire.

Somehow the most staid superpowers feel totally fresh here.

There's a little Edith Head lady in this movie.

It really is so good. Maybe I should make some lifestyle changes and watch more Pixar. I've never seen a Toy Story sequel or a Car.

Have you seen Up yet?