Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Are We Fighting about HDMI?

1. You don't need to, which is why I said you're all fine.

Listen, you guys are making a huge deal out of nothing. It's not like I said your mother's a whore, I just said that my cable is better than my old one and better than everything else on the market, which while all true, doesn't mean your cable can't get the job done well enough for you.

Also, it has a lifetime replacement that covers new standards of HDMI, so basically if a new standard of cable ever comes out that this one can't support (like say if I had a TV that did 1440p 180Hz and 12bit Color and this one won't cut it) they let me send in this one and get another to replace it that can do the new standard.

I think that speaks fucking volumes about what this thing is capable of.

that isn't a very good analogy. Cars are not held to same specs like electronic parts.

But DNG's reasoning is sound. It is interesting that you've had different experiences with different brands. That really should not be the case. It makes me wonder about the quality control on those cables and if the Chinese manufacture is changing the design to save money. They do that quite a bit these days because of the increase in the prices of copper and energy.

3. Oh, they showed us the insides of their cables and 5 others.

This thing is triple soldered with silver, has all the end wires spaced, has amazing stress control, uses higher gauge wiring (which is a big deal since copper is so expensive now) and the main end gold plate is a full piece not just a tip. Almost forgot: they also do a braid on the wiring because it lowers noise and the outer shielding is like, three or four times thicker than anything else brought to the table.

When you see these cables, in person, cut up and displayed for you, you really start to get an understanding for why not all HDMI is the same, even if the manufacturers want you to believe it is.
    Last edited by Opaque; 28 Nov 2007 at 11:51 PM.

So Opaque, can you get all Monster brand cables for cost? They put out some guitar amp speaker cable I'd like to have. Not cause it sounds better, I just like the plugs they put on the end.

5. I can, but I can only get $1,000 worth of stuff a year and I haven't figured out if that's before or after my discount.

If it's after I'll hook you up if only because after I do you can come on here and tell everyone how fucking awesome it is and they can all tell you you're stupid and wrong and must be making shit up because they have cheaper and it's just fucking perfect.

I wouldn't mind having some of these

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--MONMROCKA

but I really like these

http://www.alpha-music.com/productca...idproduct=2584

Nothing special about how they sound. A foot of wound 14 awg will do the same job, but I love the speaker connectors on those. It makes it where I don't have to solder anything.

edit: can you get Zaolla Cables?
    Last edited by Fe 26; 29 Nov 2007 at 12:10 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Oh, they showed us the insides of their cables and 5 others.

This thing is triple soldered with silver, has all the end wires spaced, has amazing stress control, uses higher gauge wiring (which is a big deal since copper is so expensive now) and the main end gold plate is a full piece not just a tip. Almost forgot: they also do a braid on the wiring because it lowers noise and the outer shielding is like, three or four times thicker than anything else brought to the table.

When you see these cables, in person, cut up and displayed for you, you really start to get an understanding for why not all HDMI is the same, even if the manufacturers want you to believe it is.
    None of that matters. You're still missing the point that's been brought up half a dozen times already and you keep ignoring it: HDMI cables are digital. It sends 0s and 1s, your TV or player or whatever converts the signal, and creates picture and sound. The 0s and 1s will not look better because some expensive ass cable has gold plates and fucking spinners on the rims. The pictures look the same on every single cable unless the cable has been hacked up by a chainsaw, at which point your Monster cable's tinted windows and diamond-encrusted steering wheels might actually stand up to the destruction for an extra second.

When I hit the R key on my keyboard, a fucking R shows up on the screen. It's digital. The cable sends the signal and the computer understands it. The R will not look better if I get a Monster Keyboard Cable. It will look exactly the same all the time, no matter what keyboard, cable or computer I use.

Also, your claims of the Monster Cable being worth it because it does 10.2gbps and 120hz and all that shit is wrong. 10.2gbps is an HDMI 1.3a standard. Any 1.3a version HDMI cable will support the same. The better colors and whatever you're seeing are also a result of the "Deep Color" benefit and color depth improvements added in the 1.3a specification: once again, something every single 1.3a cable has, regardless of who sells it. I just bought three 1.3a cables on Monoprice for around $6.50 each, and they all do the exact same shit and look exactly the same as your Monster cables. But continue trying to convince everyone you're seeing better picture quality on a digital signal.

Tommy Tallarico
    Last edited by Tommy Tallarico; 29 Nov 2007 at 01:14 PM.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

8. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I've seen what perfect 0 and 1 sending other cables are offering. If you think I'm lying that's great, but just because you think you're not losing any data with your cable doesn't make it true.

Then again you're super rich Tommy Tallarico, why would you buy cheap cables unless they're the best?

Self fulfilling prophecy imo. He wants to see it, so he does.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Self fulfilling prophecy imo. He wants to see it, so he does.
    Tommy Tallarico agrees with you if you're referring to the funny in his trolling of this thread.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico